Six Nations 2019

greyfergie

MIA
Book Reviewer
I'm fancying Wales tbf.
Warren Gatland may have been exaggerating when claiming that four wins from four this November ranks the same as a Six Nations grand slam, but Wales’s progress cannot be ignored any longer. Their three-point victory over Australia was hardly a classic but do not underestimate its significance after 13 successive defeats by the Wallabies. The development of strength in depth continues apace with Gareth Anscombe, in particular, now looking every inch an international fly-half. Such a shame to see Ellis Jenkins suffer a serious injury after shining at openside but if Sam Warburton the flanker is not missed, his leadership may well be come the Six Nations. Alun Wyn Jones is totemic but needs support in that sense. Good to see George North looking dangerous again.
I know Ireland have recently ousted NZ at the top of world rugby, but we have them at home on the last day - I fancy that.

Last edited:

Boris_Johnson

ADC
DirtyBAT
They're already calling the Wales vs Ireland game on the last day "the decider".

But since Wales are away to France and Scotland this time around, I'll hold back on any premature announcements just yet and simply wait for the 6N to begin.

Has anyone worked out how many sleeps yet until it starts?

*rubs hands together*

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
I can live with 5th TBH, it's not like it's a regular occurrence, like say being beaten by Australia for years :plotting:

They're already calling the Wales vs Ireland game on the last day "the decider".

But since Wales are away to France and Scotland this time around, I'll hold back on any premature announcements just yet and simply wait for the 6N to begin.

*rubs hands together*
Last Wednesday was 13 days to Christmas, but 13 weeks till the tape goes up on the Novices Hurdle on Day 1 of Cheltenham - which is always the same week ('coincidentally') as Ireland are in Cardiff or Twickenham each year

greyfergie

MIA
Book Reviewer

*rubs hands together*
43 - but I had to take my socks off

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
As always we will promise much before the start based on Autumn tests and just not quite perform as well as we could.

I'll take holding onto the Calcutta Cup as a target!

rawsalmon47

Old-Salt
My heart says Scotland, my brain says Finn russell plays a sloppy 6 nations (why can’t he be as good for Scotland as he is for racing!!!) and Ireland take it

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
My predictions for 6 Nations glory...
1st = Ireland
1st = Wales
3rd England
4th = Scotland
4th = Italy
6th France

I think the championship will be undecided for most of the competition with no clear front runner. England will, I'm sure improve from the Autumn international's; both Ireland and Wales will start strong but rue the inevitable injuries. Scotland, although having had a good autumn, will revert to type and play the kicking game. Italy will have their usual season of also-rans, while France will just be France and either be brilliant or shit!

rawsalmon47

Old-Salt
Pressure and National expectation?
I wouldn’t say so, he’s went through the whole Scotland system, he tries overly extravagant sets of play whereas at Racing he seems to run more, which is what Townsend has tried to implement into the Scotland side

If he plays sloppy we should resort back to Laidlaw falling into 10 and Ali Price coming on as scrum half

Latest Threads