Six Nations 2018

As for EJ....he's done a lot of good , but as another poster said "need to look at the Team".....?

They seemed to be going through the motions - none of the Vim & Vigour of previous games ?

FWIW - I don't rate Woodward for EJ's job - his time is over , and I cannot suggest A.N.Other.

A slam is a special thing. I think to the Irish particularly special, it was a once in a lifetime thing but now two in recent years. I'll savour this for a while but it was close. Sexton's boot in Paris was nearly the same start as last year against the Scots. We only just beat the English too, the score line flatters to deceive and England although undeserving were not as bad as their press is now making them out to be.

However saying that, this amused me:

Attachments

Congratulations to Ireland. Well worth the Grand Slam.

So, let's see how predictions stand up in the cold light of the Monday dawn.

Actual final standings:
Ireland
Wales
Scotland
France
England
Italy

My predicted final standings:
Ireland
England
Scotland
France
Wales
Italy

Sorry Welshmen, but I think Wales’ injury list is too long.
Well, that was shite.
I am delighted for Ireland, though I confess that I didn't think a grand slam was likely. They certainly deserved it, though, and they look like they are going to continue strong for some time.
Any deficit through injury that Wales had wasn't really an issue, and they finished in a well deserved second spot.
Scotland in 3rd as I predicted, but I'm a little disappointed with the performances against Wales and especially Italy. I think 3rd is about right overall.
France seem to be on the upswing. I'm glad Scotland played them relatively early on.
England. Oh dear.
Italy. Got to be the most frustrating team around. They showed flashes of their potential throughout, but in the one game that they really believed they could win, they really did play well. They seem to be only lacking the necessary confidence to make the breakthrough.

I am surprised by this, I didn't think he was as forceful as the last two championships
View attachment 327052
I'm not too surprised at that stat. However if you then bring up the tries scored stat you'll find Jacob Stockdale on top. Whilst I agree Hogg was not as prominent in this years championship, I would put that down to him being a marked man ( in the nicest possible way) Stockdale was until last month a relative unknown. He's not now!

I'm not too surprised at that stat. However if you then bring up the tries scored stat you'll find Jacob Stockdale on top. Whilst I agree Hogg was not as prominent in this years championship, I would put that down to him being a marked man ( in the nicest possible way) Stockdale was until last month a relative unknown. He's not now!
MS yes I think you are right, he was recognised as a threat and marked.

Most of those Stockdale ones are from the interceptions he took, all he has to do now is improve his defence, as he was a bit of a weak link in that area.