Six Nations 2018

Wales is getting back up to strength - can I dare to hope we might upset the odds and win in Dublin?

And also that Finn Russell might turn round his recent form and inspire Scotland to a famous Calcutta Cup win?

What a weekend that would be! Shame it’s not going to happen!

33DA5327-3962-48C7-8DDA-EB99E6C36403.jpeg

I feel a bit sorry for Rhys Patchell, who has played very well in the first two games and has been dumped out of the whole squad now that Biggar is fit again. Anscombe retains his place on the bench. I’d rather have Patchell.

Heading to the Calcutta Cup game this weekend. Any recommendations for good pubs near Murrayfield to watch the Ireland game beforehand?

E2A @johnboyzzz you might have an idea!
BR Scots Guards Club - all welcome - at Haymarket is 15 minute walk from the stadium. Also a few pubs around the same area, most will be packed

Remember BT Murrayfield have a small bag only policy so you will have to take your little handbag :p

BR Scots Guards Club - all welcome - at Haymarket is 15 minute walk from the stadium. Also a few pubs around the same area, most will be packed

Remember BT Murrayfield have a small bag only policy so you will have to take your little handbag :p
Seconded on the Scots Guards Club. I may well be there myself for the whole game, as I don't have a ticket.

Been in there, great shout for match day.
Ps. Didn't see a Guardsman under 70, or with a smile, but it is Auld Reekie !

I remember, as a youngster, being taken to the United Services Mess in Cardiff by my dad on match days. There he would meet up with loads of old service chums from his service days (WWII and just after), in a cloud of cigar smoke and with copious quantities of beer being consumed. My brother and I would make do with a packet of crisps and a coke, whiling away the time while the grown ups exchanged reminiscences. They were good days. I keep meaning to research the USM to see if it’s still going, but even if it is I bet it’s not like it was in the 60s and 70s.

Last edited:
I remember, as a youngster, being taken to the United Services Mess in Cardiff by my dad on match days. There he would meet up with loads of old service chums from his service days (WWII and just after), in a cloud of cigar smoke and with copious quantities of beer being consumed. My brother and I would make do with a packet of crisps and a coke, whiling away the time while the grown ups exchanged reminiscences. They were good days. I keep meaning to research the USM to see if it’s still going, but even if it is I bet it’s not like it was in the 60s and 70s.
It was last time I passed through. I was a member for yonks, but lapsed about six years ago as I never seemed to be in Cardiff any more.

Looks like it is.

USM Cardiff

Watching the women's Calcutta cup: Scotland two tries down inside eight minutes. This could be a long night for the jocks...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14-8 to England.

What grips my shit is when the subs are warming up behind the ingoal area, and then all charge in to congratulate the scoring player. If you're not on the field of play, **** off from the field of play...

26-8 at half time.

The English pack and back three are blowing Scotland away here. We've got the gale at our backs for the next 40...

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The France v Italy match is very entertaining and the Eyeties are giving a good show. Only 8-7 after 34 mins.

Jiffy just cracked a joke about France and HIA, I nearly laughed!

43-8; England really put them to the sword.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Half time France 11 : 7 Italy.