Six Nations 2016

As the RWC15 is over, it's time to look forward to the Six Nations.

England are looking for a new Messiah/Scapegoat (delete as applicable), Scotland believe they may have a half decent team due to a close game against Australia in RWC15, Ireland coming to grips with life without Paul O'Connell, Italy still trying to get more than 2 wins in the competition, and Wales investing heavily in medical equipment for all their crocked players,

Who will be the winners, the losers, and all round big mouths?

How many bets will be offered, back tracked, re-worded, back tracked again, and eventually forgotten about?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
You forgot to mention our continental friends:

France who will either turn up and rip the opposition a new arrseole or play like a primary school 3rd XV.
The Italians who have started putting up decent opposition and giving a fright to other national teams and who have Italian players with strange sounding names like MacLean (who will point out that England also have players born south of the English Channel!)

Wait 'till the Germans start having go. I know history tells us that they are found wanting in defence. But mark my words!

My money is on Wales running away with it while claiming to be the under-dogs and not at all arrogant, England will not want to be seen as trying at all hence will go off like a damp firework, Scotland may surprise us again and France will (maybe) be the only ones to challenge.

Makes "National" teams a bit of a farce!
At the risk of sounding like the dinosaur I probably am, it is the inevitable consequence of professionalism. The rules on eligibility have been loosened to the point that we are not far off the point where the top dozen or so "national" sides are select sides with loose associations with particular countries. It won't be much a of a leap to an NFL style franchise system.

Ok, maybe a fair leap....

You forgot to mention our continental friends:

France who will either turn up and rip the opposition a new arrseole or play like a primary school 3rd XV.
The Italians who have started putting up decent opposition and giving a fright to other national teams and who have Italian players with strange sounding names like MacLean (who will point out that England also have players born south of the English Channel!)
My bad. The pressure of starting a thread got to me. :(

At the risk of sounding like the dinosaur I probably am, it is the inevitable consequence of professionalism. .
The Wallabies and the AB's were pinching south sea islanders (and paying them!) way before
professionalism was officially recognised. We were way behind them then and we are way behind them now.
To keep on track Scotland are 16/1 to win the 6 nations outright next year with Sky bet.
I reckon that's worth a tenner.
Ireland are rebuilding, as are England. France have lost the plot of late and Italy are errr...Italy. That leaves Wales and Scotland. The only flaw in my cunning plan is Wales are at home for the Scotland match!

Between Engerland and Wales to win trophyware.

Between Scotland and Italy to win woodenware.

England will win a resounding Six Nations victory and put all of the other teams back in their places, after foolishly opting out of RWC15 to give the minions a chance of looking good for once. Lancaster disagreed with this course of action and resigned in anger.

@the_guru.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
England will win a resounding Six Nations victory and put all of the other teams back in their places, after foolishly opting out of RWC15 to give the minions a chance of looking good for once. Lancaster disagreed with this course of action and resigned in anger.

@the_guru.
This is getting confusing. Just how many sockpuppets does the guru have?

Travelgall

LE
Kit Reviewer
What I'm looking forward to is a replay of the 2003 Rugby World Cup. Not England having a massive set of forwards, a great center partnership, a mercurial penalty kicker & lightening quick wingers - but Eddie Jones as the New England Coach & Clive Woodward as the new England performance director arguing in the media like Statler & Waldorf again.

Isn't it about time Six Nations' authorities stopped referring to the 'Wooden Spoon' and called it what it really is - a Spirtle?
Oh, I think in the Six Nations 2016 it will very definitely be a Wooden Spoon...