Six nations, 2010

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by codbutt, Dec 27, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Yes, yes, I ask this every year on Arrse, I know....So, who's going to win the 6 Nations?

Will Mark Lieveremont finally stop messing about with different French teams every week and sort out a winner?

Are the Paddies unstoppable? (er, yes I think so, after watching Munster and Leinster lately).

Will Wales get their sh!t together once the injured big names are back? (I don't think so, sadly, being a Welshman).

England? Er....let's move on....or is it time for Martin Johnson to move on?

Are the eyeties completely shot without Parisse?

Can the porridge wogs pull off more shock defeats like knocking Aus down this autumn?

Wot do YOU think?

2. I reckon no grand slam winner's this time,but i reckon it'll end up like this ?

1: England.

2: Ireland.

3: France.

4: Wales.

5: Scotland.

6: Italy.

3. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I do have a slight bias :wink:

4. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

5. I think the main competition will be between Ireland and Wales, Jocks and Italians will be fighting each other for the wooden spoon although i do feel those in the lighter blue will come out with it, France and England sitting in the beige area that is the centre two positions on the table.

Could be another good contest like last year, but knowing the Irish team they will go out cocky, being the favorites and get their arses handed to them, due to the fact theyre over confident and by the time theyve copped on to themselfs theyre out of the running (Almost happened leinster yesterday playing ulters u7's reserve team!)

6. I'd say Ireland, but only just. They have three home fixtures in 2010 as opposed to only two this year, however their two away games are England and France.

No Grand Slam, will lose away to France, but take the championship on PD.

7. I'm with Auld_Yin

8. Having watched a load of the Magners league, the ERC and the Autumn internationals, plus the fact Johnno is not the right man for the job I think it'll be:

1. France
    2. Ireland
    3. England
    4. Scotland
    5. Wales
    6. Italy

Italy just don't have the strength in depth to be a threat this year, Wales are playing dire both at International and Domestic level. The Irish will believe their own hype at beating a very tired and battered Bok side (c'mon both Sarries and the Tigers beat them).

England are hung up on winning games now and not looking to 2011. That and the fact the England camp seems to playing silly buggers. And Andy Robinson seems to have put his period in charge of England behind him and seems to get the best out of his players. Every chance though they could finish the other way about.

9. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I hope for three wins for Scotland. both home games and Rome.

1. France
    2. Ireland
    3. Scotland
    4. England
    5. Wales
    6. Italy

France and Ireland equal on points no team to get a Grand Slam or a Triple.

10. Wales to win the triple crown and the six nations. This has been all done before. Wales have the best players and they have had the kick up the ass during the AIs. Laugh all you want gents ( like you've done before) but watch this space in a few months . Now waiting for " the guru " to talk his usual anti- welsh pro English rubbish .

11. 1. Ireland on PD (loss to France)
    2. France (loss to England) - they're destined to start 'clicking' at some point
    3= England (loss to Ireland and Wales) - lack of leadership on and off the park
    3= Wales (beating Italy, Scotland and England) - lack of playing direction will still impact this championship
    5. Italy (if Parisse is fit)
    6. Scotland (will lose to Italy again if Parisse is playing) - the Aussie bubble will be well and truly burst.

12. A little research hurts no-one :roll:

13. France: You never can tell.
    Scotland: Going to surprise some maybe.
    Ireland: Getting too old?
    Italy: When their brains equal their brawn - who knows?
    Wales: The Welsh 2nd or 3rd XV will struggle I think.
    England: Holy cow! Some top forwards and a bunch of 'no-hopers' in the backs.

With the revelation of Brian Moore's angst my thoughts turned to an English pack that was something else:

Probyn - Moore - Leonard
    Dooley - Ackford
    Skinner or Teague - 'DEANO' - Winterbottom or Back

Now that pack was something else - fearsome - frightening and I'm bloody Welsh!!

14. Don't want to let you down. I think that the injurys to Shanklin and the rest might cause an issue. I think that England WILL do better than people think, as many of the injuries that caused a poor AI are over, and the likes of Armitage, Flutey et al coming back can only strengthen the side.

Ireland have had their grand day out. France, dunno, it all depends who turns up. Scotland and Italy not to trouble the scorers, but the Sweaties will be up for the England game, especially with Robinson at the helm. Let's hope that he's as sh1te when he was ballsing up England.

Strangely, I was talking with Brian's wife today. They are greatly heartened by the support being shown and I MIGHT have talked him into coming to the Army Navy R Signals tent for a cheeky pint....

15. A bit late guru, No 6 nations would right without some Wales / England abuse. Wales are weak in the Centre at the moment and we need to bin Andy Powell at No 8 as everyone knows his game. I really dont know about this 6 nations however being a welshman Im ever the optimist.