Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Six month voluntary

bombdr2494

Old Salt
Apologies if this appears to be a question, I would like to volunteer for the six months short term deployment to aid with Coronavirus, I’ve been out since 2007 but have many skills that I could offer to help as in logistics (HGV) engineering, telecoms etc. Surely there must be a way of fast tracking people through with skills to assist?

thanks guys.

Apologies if this appears to be a question, I would like to volunteer for the six months short term deployment to aid with Coronavirus, I’ve been out since 2007 but have many skills that I could offer to help as in logistics (HGV) engineering, telecoms etc. Surely there must be a way of fast tracking people through with skills to assist?

thanks guys.
Either join the 'Volunteer army' that has been in the news, or contact your local loggie unit. I think you'll have more luck with the former, however.

thanks guys.

By all means try but i seriously doubt that they will be able to get you back in, trained and on strength before this is over. You know where to start this process and it's not arrse.

thanks guys.
Ok, you’re in.

You have my permission..... put on any military rig you have and walk up and down the high street picking up any dog shit you come across. Stand down at 1800hrs then stag on every two hours till 0600hrs then start again........ The six months will fly by...... You will be first to get the 'Virus 2020' medal......

Unfortunately, if you have been out of the military(reserve or regular) longer than 12 months the limiting factor to rejoining is the medical. There is very limited scope for face to face medical interviews followed by a visit to an assessment centre. The NHS Volunteer Army are however very grateful for the support of those military veterans who have offered their expertise.

For those who have been out for less than 12 months should visit their last army reserve centre if a reservist or the regular army rejoiner website on the internet. It is possible to be back in within 4 weeks - be careful if you offer yourself up o_O