Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Six Hampshire police officers accused of breaching standards

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Yes. Routine orders appear each week. Right at the top will be Outcome of Misconduct Hearing. An abstract of the conduct and the sanctions imposed.
With the person named. I would have thought that breached their yuman rites.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
No names and no pronouns so you can’t tell if male or female
Not the same as being advocated by @wetsmonkey

"
wetsmonkey said:
It’s a thing to behold. Advertised in advance and tickets given to those wishing to attend.

Contrast that with The Ministerial Code, where The PM decides in secret what he should do with the misdemeanours of his friends and colleagues and the report is kept secret."

"
wetsmonkey said:
It’s a thing to behold. Advertised in advance and tickets given to those wishing to attend.

Contrast that with The Ministerial Code, where The PM decides in secret what he should do with the misdemeanours of his friends and colleagues and the report is kept secret."
The hearings are open to public scrutiny and the results are often reported in the press. The press might name someone but the internal orders don’t

Yes. Routine orders appear each week. Right at the top will be Outcome of Misconduct Hearing. An abstract of the conduct and the sanctions imposed.

Indeed, part of the point of the Service Discipline process is for it to be (semi)public. CMs are available for all to enter; Summary Trials are precis'd and placed on orders for all to see.

"
wetsmonkey said:

Are you muddling up internal police routine orders and the actual hearings?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Are you muddling up internal police routine orders and the actual hearings?
No, just commenting on your gloating. The comment you highlight were in response to a post by a sensible member.

Carry on with your gloating now.

No, just commenting on your gloating. The comment you highlight were in response to a post by a sensible member.

Carry on with your gloating now.

What gloating?

You totally got the wrong end of the stick, bared your arse, thinking you had spiked my post and now look muddled.

A post that you tagged me in and which I replied to.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
What gloating?

You totally got the wrong end of the stick, bared your arse, thinking you had spiked my post and now look muddled.

A post that you tagged me in and which I replied to.
Go back a bit in the thread you gloating back of wind. No doubt you won't have to as you will remember what you posted.

A bug was placed in the office of the Hampshire police's serious crime squad and six officers have been charged with breaching professional standards for comments that in a previous day might have been dismissed as "off colour".

What surprises me is that if one were to read the threads relating to policing on this site one would be led to believe that such comments went out with the dinosaurs and that UK police services are now thoroughly taken over by knee-taking, woke, rainbow-wearing, social justice warriors. It would appear not, the spirit of Gene Hunt lives on.

I do appreciate this is the CA thread and therefore of a more serious nature but seriously, read the comments and then try and work out what their ARRSE names are.

Opening the case against them, Jason Beer QC said: “It was a unit that was racist – a black officer is described as a ‘pavement special’, ie a mixed-breed dog. People are described as ‘pikeys’; a black officer is accused of behaving like a colonial overseer running a plantation of white people. When speaking to a black officer, a colleague puts on a fake Caribbean accent – in fact he was from Ghana. A detail like that doesn’t matter, he was a black man after all.

“A black officer is accused of being flown to England from Africa in a crate and taken to London zoo; all the time a song is sung in the background to the tune of Buffalo Soldier.”

Beer added that “offensive” photos of black men were shared on a WhatsApp group in reference to the only black officer in the unit.

Beer also said the unit displayed sexism: “Women were called or referred to as ‘whores’, ‘sluts’, ‘sweet tits’ or ‘sugar tits’, ‘Dorises’, ‘a ******* Doris’ … A suspect is called a ‘******* ****’. And the officers ponder amongst themselves if a person using the tannoy system is ‘getting any cock’.”

Beer said the covert recording device caught derogatory terms being used for disabled, gay and transgender people, and suggestions that Albanian nationals “should be shot or even killed with a nerve agent”.

It was also said that “illegal immigrants deserve the death penalty”, Beer told the hearing. “The officers joked about immigrants having a ‘long swim’ and drowning in the sea.

Edited to add link.

A bit late coming on to this, but who gives a monkey's what they say?
To me the question is, "Are they effective in their jobs and do they allow their opinions to get in the way of how they carry out their duties?"

To me the question is, "Are they effective in their jobs and do they allow their opinions to get in the way of how they carry out their duties?"
BUT But racist. It's the only crime that matters. Unless it's B.O.W. obviously

Chef

LE
Post #37: 20/10/20

'I notice that neither the original article nor this thread asks what I'd consider quite an important question:

Are they any good at their job?'

A bug was placed in the office of the Hampshire police's serious crime squad and six officers have been charged with breaching professional standards for comments that in a previous day might have been dismissed as "off colour".

What surprises me is that if one were to read the threads relating to policing on this site one would be led to believe that such comments went out with the dinosaurs and that UK police services are now thoroughly taken over by knee-taking, woke, rainbow-wearing, social justice warriors. It would appear not, the spirit of Gene Hunt lives on.

I do appreciate this is the CA thread and therefore of a more serious nature but seriously, read the comments and then try and work out what their ARRSE names are.

Opening the case against them, Jason Beer QC said: “It was a unit that was racist – a black officer is described as a ‘pavement special’, ie a mixed-breed dog. People are described as ‘pikeys’; a black officer is accused of behaving like a colonial overseer running a plantation of white people. When speaking to a black officer, a colleague puts on a fake Caribbean accent – in fact he was from Ghana. A detail like that doesn’t matter, he was a black man after all.

“A black officer is accused of being flown to England from Africa in a crate and taken to London zoo; all the time a song is sung in the background to the tune of Buffalo Soldier.”

Beer added that “offensive” photos of black men were shared on a WhatsApp group in reference to the only black officer in the unit.

Beer also said the unit displayed sexism: “Women were called or referred to as ‘whores’, ‘sluts’, ‘sweet tits’ or ‘sugar tits’, ‘Dorises’, ‘a ******* Doris’ … A suspect is called a ‘******* ****’. And the officers ponder amongst themselves if a person using the tannoy system is ‘getting any cock’.”

Beer said the covert recording device caught derogatory terms being used for disabled, gay and transgender people, and suggestions that Albanian nationals “should be shot or even killed with a nerve agent”.

It was also said that “illegal immigrants deserve the death penalty”, Beer told the hearing. “The officers joked about immigrants having a ‘long swim’ and drowning in the sea.

Edited to add link.

Nothing there you wont hear everyday on a building site .

Post #37: 20/10/20

'I notice that neither the original article nor this thread asks what I'd consider quite an important question:

Are they any good at their job?'
You are obviously not aware how modern policing works in the brave new PC woke world introduced by Tony Blair. Being 'good at their jobs' is the least of it.

An old Stasi officer being transported to a modern British police force would feel instantly at home and proud of the fact that a system that they instigated is being introduced enthusiastically in England and Wales.

Chef

LE
You are obviously not aware how modern policing works in the brave new PC woke world introduced by Tony Blair. Being 'good at their jobs' is the least of it.

An old Stasi officer being transported to a modern British police force would feel instantly at home and proud of the fact that a system that they instigated is being introduced enthusiastically in England and Wales.
Regrettably I posed my question because I suspect that doing the job effectively is no longer as important as doing the job correctly.

As long as all the paperwork is done and no feelings are hurt all is well. Actually preventing crimes or catching criminals seems to be a happy coincidence. Especially if the law breakers are your chief's cause of the day.

When Brian Paddick announced that cannabis was no longer to be treated as an offence down Lambeth way*, it would have been a brave officer who then upheld the law by arresting someone for possession of an illegal substance. I doubt their career would have prospered.

*This sort of posturing gives the lie to the police going in mob handed for some crimes while holding back on others. Doesn't inspire much trust in Joe Public either.

Latest Threads