Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Six Hampshire police officers accused of breaching standards

images.jpeg.jpg

Be careful out there....

PCs bugging other PCs to uncover non PC language. Must make everyone on that particular Force feel really secure and trusted.

Having said that, what a bunch of cnuts those officers were, but more so their immediate bosses who must have known the guys involved and how they spoke, and seemed to have done nothing to curb it. Other than inserting covert bugging systems.
How do you know no steps were taken to prevent this kind of behaviour ?

You don't.

In fact I'd be surprised if there wasn't very clear guidance on matters like thus much like in HM Forces.

Drifting a point to starboard, here is an interesting article about the use of reasonable force if one still talks about it in those terms:

"In an ideal world, we would have outstanding parenting. Our preventative and early intervention strategies would successfully detect and derail delinquency. We would have mental health services that operated outside of office hours to manage severely ill people who pose a risk to themselves and others. We would have the precursor of the much vaunted ‘public health’ approach to knife crime i.e. tough enforcement, filling up our prisons. We would have young offender institutions and jails that weren’t feral dustbins and instead rehabilitated violent young men. But we aren’t in this utopia and we might never be there."

A bug was placed in the office of the Hampshire police's serious crime squad and six officers have been charged with breaching professional standards for comments that in a previous day might have been dismissed as "off colour".

What surprises me is that if one were to read the threads relating to policing on this site one would be led to believe that such comments went out with the dinosaurs and that UK police services are now thoroughly taken over by knee-taking, woke, rainbow-wearing, social justice warriors. It would appear not, the spirit of Gene Hunt lives on.

I do appreciate this is the CA thread and therefore of a more serious nature but seriously, read the comments and then try and work out what their ARRSE names are.

Opening the case against them, Jason Beer QC said: “It was a unit that was racist – a black officer is described as a ‘pavement special’, ie a mixed-breed dog. People are described as ‘pikeys’; a black officer is accused of behaving like a colonial overseer running a plantation of white people. When speaking to a black officer, a colleague puts on a fake Caribbean accent – in fact he was from Ghana. A detail like that doesn’t matter, he was a black man after all.

“A black officer is accused of being flown to England from Africa in a crate and taken to London zoo; all the time a song is sung in the background to the tune of Buffalo Soldier.”

Beer added that “offensive” photos of black men were shared on a WhatsApp group in reference to the only black officer in the unit.

Beer also said the unit displayed sexism: “Women were called or referred to as ‘whores’, ‘sluts’, ‘sweet tits’ or ‘sugar tits’, ‘Dorises’, ‘a ******* Doris’ … A suspect is called a ‘******* ****’. And the officers ponder amongst themselves if a person using the tannoy system is ‘getting any cock’.”

Beer said the covert recording device caught derogatory terms being used for disabled, gay and transgender people, and suggestions that Albanian nationals “should be shot or even killed with a nerve agent”.

It was also said that “illegal immigrants deserve the death penalty”, Beer told the hearing. “The officers joked about immigrants having a ‘long swim’ and drowning in the sea.

Edited to add link.

Once life gets back to a semblance of normality , I would love to place a similar device in various locations in the Guardian's offices , including the wimmins toilets .
The language will not be dissimilar .

Last edited:
This.

Plus, how did the press get hold of the story? Which in essence is an internal disciplinary matter.

Probably because May decided that all Police disciplinary hearings should be open to the public for the sake of transparency and public trust.

Unlike politicians.

I had no idea. Didnt happen in my day.

Cheers.

It’s a thing to behold. Advertised in advance and tickets given to those wishing to attend.

Contrast that with The Ministerial Code, where The PM decides in secret what he should do with the misdemeanours of his friends and colleagues and the report is kept secret.

Arte_et_Marte

ADC
It’s a thing to behold. Advertised in advance and tickets given to those wishing to attend.

Contrast that with The Ministerial Code, where The PM decides in secret what he should do with the misdemeanours of his friends and colleagues and the report is kept secret.
The reason that it's like that, is because in Parliament there is no racism, bullying or inappropriate behaviour.

Oh. Hang on a minute...

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

I take it when HR or whatever your internal investigation team are called tab you in front of your manager, the result is posted on all company noticeboards, both electric and paper.

endure

GCM
Once life gets back to a semblance of normality , I would love to place a similar device in various locations in the Guardian's offices , including the wimmins toilets .
The language will not be dissimilar .
Fancy a few years on the register then? ;-)

And yet coppers still put their lives on the line to protect ministers, MP's etc. Want to find a copper? Go to Westminster. No matter how deep the cuts to budgets and numbers, there will always be coppers stagging on at Parliament.

The term, "useful idiots" springs to mind.

I take it when HR or whatever your internal investigation team are called tab you in front of your manager, the result is posted on all company noticeboards, both electric and paper.
Yes. Routine orders appear each week. Right at the top will be Outcome of Misconduct Hearing. An abstract of the conduct and the sanctions imposed.

Latest Threads