six dead on Jersey in knife attack

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by maguire, Aug 14, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

BBC News - Six die in knife attack in Jersey
    'Six people have been killed after a stabbing incident in Jersey, police have said.
    Police were called to a flat at Victoria Crescent, Upper Midvale Road, at 15:00 BST after reports of a multiple stabbing incident.
    A 30-year-old man is in police custody at Jersey Hospital where he is also recovering from surgery.
    The hospital's emergency department was temporarily closed. Police are appealing for witnesses.
    A hospital spokeswoman has confirmed that the hospital has now re-opened.'

2. word has it 2 children dead too
  3. the worlds****ed
  4. How long before some fool starts trumpeting for domestic knife control, I wonder.
  5. Weird, it's usually a gun rampage in the states.
  6. daywalker

daywalker LE Reviewer

Please tell me that is just a poor attempt at humour or are you really that dense?
    • Like Like x 2
  7. i thought that but you got there before me :(
  8. Wah shield on; Think its the Jersey in the Channel Islands. Wah shield off.
  9. I've never heard of a gun rampage in the States of Jersey before, not since the Jerries were there anyway.
  10. He's a Jumper to conclusions.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Ironically one of the few places in Britain (yes I know, I know) that you can still own a pistol.
  12. Turn that frown upside down you mardy ******.
  13. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

The dead are 1 man, 2 women and 3 children. A 30yo man is under arrest and being treated in hospital. They are all reported to be Polish [there's around 4,000 Poles living and working in Jersey].

BBC News - Jersey stabbings: Minister's 'shock' over six dead

Strangely, we never heard a single siren despite this happening less than 1/2 mile away.

Errr .... no we're not in shock or pain, actually. Just a bit surprised.
  14. yeah all the dead were polish!
  15. The poles are known for their knife culture and violence, mainly enchanched by heavy drinking of clear spirits. Its unusual to happen in Jersey, not unusual for the Polish.