Six Arrested for Sexual Assault on 17yr Old Female Soldier

I think we were talking about a SSgt and a Private. Which on the surface is wrong, wrong, wrong.

But we're all speculating.
Why is it wrong?

I know a SSgt that is married to a private. Should they sleep in seperate rooms?

That is really quite funny when you consider back in 2011 this was reported:

It is understood that Mr Cameron was personally warned about the impact of more cuts by one of the most respected Special Forces commanders.

A former commander of the SAS, he is soon to take up a new post as Director Special Forces, overseeing all of Britain’s elite troops.

The officer, whose identity cannot be published, attended Eton College at the same time as Mr Cameron and remains close to him.

It is understood that over lunch, the officer told Mr Cameron that the Government’s CEA cuts could prevent him sending his sons to their old school.

After the officer’s warning, Mr Cameron is understood to have asked his officials for details of the planned allowance cuts. On top of that, a list of senior officers who are prepared to quit has been passed to one of Mr Cameron’s closest advisers. Among the names on the list is a senior officer serving with the SAS.

Now I wonder who that might have been :)
Director Special Forces - Wikipedia

Though I'm not so sure how accurate that is, Seeing as the CO of the DERRS isn't listed.

Neither is the CO for my time in NI.

I wondered the same. I recall that in the 70s you were busted down to private before you did Colly.
Could be wrong of course.

You are not wrong. I had a new face appear in my genny bay, a signalman, but he had the bearing and looks of someone who had held a higher rank, his reluctance to muck in was compounded by his total disregard to follow basic orders, he stayed for a few days then disappeared, I later found out from my SSgt, that he had been busted down from WO, and was being held in regiment prior to posting. Over the following year or so a few more appeared, and disappeared just as quickly. This was in 1979-80.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Maybe you should learn to read rather than jumping in with both feet.
Hello pot, this is kettle. Sent colour setting, over.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
I think MS may have misled Jacko about the nature of his posting. The sole purpose of HQ Land in its then and current guise is to provide somewhere for passed over Gunner majors and colonels to pass the time while claiming boarding school allowance for four offspring. Although that’s a bit of a legal minefield these days. Perhaps CS was having a go at that as well?
Funny you should say that...the bit I was in was full of RE & REME, some retired and others going nowhere fast ...and nope it was a promotion . true to say I was rapidly running out of head-room by then.

That's what happens when you voluntarily rusticate from the Great Wen.... 13 years in Central London , not a flyer but doing ok.....then another 20 in darkest Hants/Wilts and plainly c in the slow lane. Had some fun though :-D

not a flyer but doing ok.....then another 20 in darkest Hants/Wilts and plainly c in the slow lane. Had some fun though :-D
‘plainly c in the slow lane’ - as someone who worked in APC, I love the realism and self awareness!

What is libellous about :
" . . . . . there's a chance that the young lady is probably telling big fibs.

And if she is , she needs the book to be thrown at her. "
First she’s not a lady, she’s a child.
Second if she is bulling, then the book will be thrown at her.

Whats the percentage rate in civvie street for the same demographic?
Somewhere on the internet, the Howard League, which looks after prisoners interests, did a report into percentile rates of various convictions. Ex-Forces came out of it very poorly, with a 35% increase in convictions over there civvi counterparts.

Perhaps that's because they were innocent?
No I mean they were found guilty, but to a man (1 woman exception) none were sent to nick. I beleave that civvies attached to HM Forces, can be sent to Army Nick. The 1 woman I found got numerous years (more than 2 they carry out their sentence in Civvy nick) for being involved in. Pedo gang of some sort.

Somewhere on the internet, the Howard League, which looks after prisoners interests, did a report into percentile rates of various convictions. Ex-Forces came out of it very poorly, with a 35% increase in convictions over there civvi counterparts.
That is completely incoherent bollocks.

I believe a few years ago the the RBL debunk these claims with either the offenders having never served, had served a very long time in the past or had served for 5 minutes

And, like a survey I did in another life about ex-Forces sleeping rough, most of them had either not completed basic training for various reasons or had left within the first 6 months of service.
Anyone turning up for day 1 of basic and then leaving was called "ex-Forces".

Look it up, should be easy to find once you get over you cilic-bang headache.
Conclusion
It is important to begin by repeating that the significant majority of those leaving the Forces
lead constructive and productive lives after discharge and do not at any stage become
involved in the criminal justice system. More than that, the long gap between discharge
and custody for many of those who do offend makes it difficult to associate any direct
causal link between service in the Forces and imprisonment. What is clear is that the
conventional problems associated with criminal behaviour such as drug and alcohol abuse,
homelessness, a poor ability to deal with emotions, low educational attainment and financial
pressures, appear to be as common among ex-servicemen in custody as it is among the
general prison population

And your point is?