Discussion in 'Infantry' started by conure, Jun 3, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Right, situps, the most annoying and tedius exercise in the world which results in having a slightly harder just unnoticable stomach...How to do them, I can usually do about 130, so I'm thinking, maybe I should do them with a weight on my chest, and do less?

Anyone got any idea of whether this would get better results?
  2. I need encouragement like that, as much as I love Mc d's I think i'll be best going without it, as I'll be joining the paras soon I wanna be at physical peak, the problem being I also need to put weight on...So..a healthy diet that puts weight on..I like to set myself a challenge..possibly impossible ones...Time to find that diet, I suppose..:D
  3. Just had an idea, how about on top of my usual diet, every day I eat a large bowl of rice or pasta, that should put some weight on wont it?
  4. My AFCO told me that i needed to put weight on for RSC. I kept my eating habbit, but just hit the gym 3 times a week and invested in a weightgainer. Think i put on about a stone.

5. Well to be honest i was a skinny cnut so it wouldnt have hurt for me to put a little bit of flab on. Saying that though i was weight training 3 times a week and running a lot. So its kept me in good shape and the majority of weight i put on was muscle.i do agree with your point of sticking to healthy food and training hard.

But is being a decent weight all that advantageous in basic training?
  6. Back to the topic of situps. I would recomend doing situps with your legs elevated, say a coffee table or steps. Doing push ups with your feet elevated is another good exercise.