Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Site visit: Haix

Amidst the slivo drinking competition and ogling the local lovelies, did you manage to find out just how Haix manage to make boots with soles so rigid that they can never be broken in or worn without the impression that one has canoes on one's feet?
And how they can go such a lovely colour of purple if you use the wrong colour polish?

You mean those handy gift-for-every-occasion coins, beautifully stamped with the ARRSE logo? I certainly did. Presented in good order in thanks for his hospitality. Unfortunately for Persec reasons, there are no pictures of this historic handover. Mainly because we were in the best restaurant in Croatia and the local grog is quite strong, so there may have been some slurring and bezzering and an introduction to the drinking rules that apply with said presentation.

:)
How many times did it get dropped in the drinks?

Though I may be mistaken, but I think it's only really relevant if they make variations of width? Very few public sale firms offer different widths, so maybe just needs the standard width advertised?

aye, it's most useful when they offer various widths boots. but it's useful even if they dont- metric system is the same regardles where you are and regardless of what type of conversion of sizing (eu, ru, uk, us etc) they use.

Also, can you link to a sales page for their Bunds boots showing the measurements please.

unfortunately they do not advertise their military boots on their site. Or, to be more specific, the shoes made on the order from armed forces (including police).
however, here is the link to their boots HAIX Bundeswehr combat boot DMS there is plenty of photos of them on google photos. I had 2 pairs of them, excellent all year around boots. pure leather, no goratex or anything like that. they absorbed dubbin like a sponge :)
ah, and due my almost non-existent knowledge of German (despite being taught it for ~8 years!) I couldn't find the sizing chart in German. I found that- where on the far-left column is the length of the foot (in mm), then it's its width (from narrow to wide) and corresponding European size. I hope it helps.

As for the info on all boots,at a guess I'd say no as many companies keep their specs under wraps or the actual tender under wraps. I'll ask though, and it's something that I'd look to get in the end articles.

I was thinking more about the website with historical (so to speak) data- photos, customer, years of production, material etc. Nothing super secret- and, considering info they put on their website about their current boots, nothing they could be afraid to publish.
btw, did you know that they make several pairs of boots/shoes for French police?

I wear a pair of their work boots and they do get hammered. Still going strong after nearly a year of heavy duty abuse.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ugly

LE
For some reason they are popular amongst the UK shooting sports community. I should get a pair and try them out!

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
aye, it's most useful when they offer various widths boots. but it's useful even if they dont- metric system is the same regardles where you are and regardless of what type of conversion of sizing (eu, ru, uk, us etc) they use.

unfortunately they do not advertise their military boots on their site. Or, to be more specific, the shoes made on the order from armed forces (including police).
however, here is the link to their boots HAIX Bundeswehr combat boot DMS there is plenty of photos of them on google photos. I had 2 pairs of them, excellent all year around boots. pure leather, no goratex or anything like that. they absorbed dubbin like a sponge :)
ah, and due my almost non-existent knowledge of German (despite being taught it for ~8 years!) I couldn't find the sizing chart in German. I found that- where on the far-left column is the length of the foot (in mm), then it's its width (from narrow to wide) and corresponding European size. I hope it helps.

I was thinking more about the website with historical (so to speak) data- photos, customer, years of production, material etc. Nothing super secret- and, considering info they put on their website about their current boots, nothing they could be afraid to publish.
btw, did you know that they make several pairs of boots/shoes for French police?

Can't give an in-depth reply just now, but yes, they supplied over 16,000 pairs of boots to French forces. Their actual contract list is staggering, they supply forces and police on a global scale. Only thing that's missing is the boy scouts!

Why dont they make Motorcycle boots ?

I'd suggest this is one of those cases where you stick to what you're good at. Though it's fair to say that considering the facilities and equipment they have, they could make pretty much anything. The joke high heels they made, the Erotica 69, sold a thousand pairs in 20 minutes. :eek:

For some reason they are popular amongst the UK shooting sports community. I should get a pair and try them out!

As with any boot, you've got to make sure you pick the right one for you. I was gobsmacked at how many people are involved in making one boot on their line. The major benefit to Haix over some companies is that they genuinely seem to give a shit, about both staff and quality of product.

Their staff care plan is one of the best I have ever seen in any industry, and it's not an empty gesture either. They give their staff excellent pay, great conditions, amazing bonuses for performance and their apprenticeship scheme has 100% uptake into a formal role in the company.

All that adds up to a great, well made boot.

People just need to keep in mind that an issue boot is made to MOD specification for a ridiculously low price and it's not representative of the off-the-shelf quality. Generally speaking any issue boot is worse than it's public sale counterpart.

I'd give it a shot mate, I'm very happy with the Eagle 2.0, it's comfy as ****. Let me see if I can rustle up a discount code. :cool:

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
looking that one up

That was just an example, don't know if it's the right kind of boot for shooting unless you're talking about ranges? They're full GTX so maybe a bit OTT if purely on a shooting line?

Latest Threads