Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Site Upgrade - 2 Oct 20

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Deleting quote frame. See upthread. If you really can't get rid of it obviously, place your cursor inside the quote frame. On my tablet screen just right of Insert Picture are three vertical dots. Click, select the quote icon. Clears the quote frame.

HHH

GCM
Does the username change need approval ?

@Bad CO

I'm getting lots of 'An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later' messages when trying to load a page. Refreshing the page seems to fix it.

I'm not sure how much of that is down to ARRSE and how much is caused by the cretin who reversed into the phone cabinet box thing yesterday afternoon as my internet connection has been dodgy since then.

I'm getting lots of 'An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later' messages when trying to load a page. Refreshing the page seems to fix it.

I'm not sure how much of that is down to ARRSE and how much is caused by the cretin who reversed into the phone cabinet box thing yesterday afternoon as my internet connection has been dodgy since then.

Unless the cretin fucked about with my phone cabinet box thing as well, then its a site issue.

I got them too. Seems ok now

I had a (paraphrase), "oops we ran into a problem, try looking in consul" trying to post a like.

Ich auch

'An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later.'

. . . followed by (if I'm really lucky) a complete refusal to load the page.

Very irritating.

Teeblerone

Old-Salt

Me too. But, again, my internet connection is also flaky

dlrg

LE
Stil have it here, so a local problem? Still have 'mixed' icons in Reactions Received, though not as bad as it was, and still have a random additional 200 RRs that I got in a previous 'upgrade' earlier in the year that I can't see.
@Bad CO Same here.

icons.jpg

Last edited:

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
The rule where I worked was, NEVER repeat NEVER upgrade on a Friday as the weekend support staff would rip your balls off if they had to get off their fat arrses and actually do some work.

I had to find out from customers that we had released a new version of our software. The retarded ****** **** spangle ******* muppet ********* wad IT "manager" was only two sodding desks away from the whole training department (back in the days of working in actual offices)
We don't have any weekend or evening support* so it doesn't matter which day of the week they don't tell us about it anyway

* We don't offer much during the working day as support is pretty much one person from supprt, myself and one other trainer, however we are often busy with our actual job of training.

theinventor

Old-Salt
Scrolling is wierd now. When you flick the page upwards, the scroll gradually loses velocity and gets jerky as it comes to a halt.
Only this site, using chrome on huawei P20 Pro. Not so bad in Firefox.

slick

LE
Got this when trying to post (nothing odd in my post)....
Oops! We ran into some problems.
Your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements. Please change your content or try again later. If you still have problems, please contact an administrator.

soleil

War Hero
Has something changed after the upgrade which affects the sizing of photographs?

There used to be an option which allowed photos to be shown full-sized but now they always come up as thumbnail size.

Has something changed after the upgrade which affects the sizing of photographs?

There used to be an option which allowed photos to be shown full-sized but now they always come up as thumbnail size.

If you tap on the thumbnail an option appears to display full size.

Tap insert for options.

Attachments

• 20201004_140122.jpg
    20201004_140122.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 18