Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Site Upgrade - 2 Oct 20

Bad CO

Admin
You may have noticed that the site was down earlier for about an hour or so whilst I upgraded it to the latest version of Xenforo (v2.2). I know that site upgrades are always received with great joy by everyone so have no doubt that this one will as well! Having said that I haven't received a constant stream of complaints so it probably hasn't worked!

Probably the most obvious one is the change to the editor when you write a post but there are others that I haven't yet enabled and one that hasn't arrived yet. ARRSE will shortly be available as a Progressive Web App that will be available to 'install' on most devices. It will be interesting to compare how well this works versus Tapatalk and the responsive theme. No doubt you'll let me know!

RBMK

LE
Book Reviewer
It would be nice if we could have the full list of reactions visible again instead of just two.

Other than that, no issues so far.

ETA, and a groan button and the BS icon back.

You may have noticed that the site was down earlier for about an hour or so whilst I upgraded it to the latest version of Xenforo (v2.2). I know that site upgrades are always received with great joy by everyone so have no doubt that this one will as well! Having said that I haven't received a constant stream of complaints so it probably hasn't worked!

Probably the most obvious one is the change to the editor when you write a post but there are others that I haven't yet enabled and one that hasn't arrived yet. ARRSE will shortly be available as a Progressive Web App that will be available to 'install' on most devices. It will be interesting to compare how well this works versus Tapatalk and the responsive theme. No doubt you'll let me know!

Jesus Christ! You could have warned me before I clicked on that link. I zoned out after reading the first few lines. I don’t speak geek.

philc

LE
During the upgrade I used a SQL meat injection back door pass viewer and now have Bad COs bank account details, trebles all around.

It would be nice if we could have the full list of reactions visible again instead of just two.

Other than that, no issues so far.

ETA, and a groan button and the BS icon back.
Exactly my thoughts.

Gave me quite a turn this evening, what with the DOS attacks on Flightradar24 two days ago, I wondered which military power would want to do that to Arrse on a Friday evening.

Gave me quite a turn this evening, what with the DOS attacks on Flightradar24 two days ago, I wondered which military power would want to do that to Arrse on a Friday evening.
Any military power with half an ounce of common sense, would be my bet.

I'll leave it to those who have served or are serving to compile a list.

Myself I was thinking RMP
From what I've gathered from this site, I'd question if the RMP have as much as half an ounce. Just saying...

I thought it was cos someone didn't know what day it was and went ahead anyway. But the menu thingy above my posts is in two bits :cool: