Site Speed - AGAIN

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Good CO, Oct 24, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

We've had some problems with the site giving up on us today. I've just been tweaking and hope I've fixed it, but could you please report any very slow performance below. (>10 seconds waiting for a page other than editing or posting (which have lower priority than reading posts)).

Thanks for your help and sorry for the hassle.
  2. J_D

J_D LE

Trying to get on the site is very slow. Some times won't even load. Also with posts, it has taken up to 1 - 2 minutes at times to load.
  3. Was also very slow for me this morning, but seems OK at the moment.
  4. I found that too. Seems allright now though
  5. Was dead on it's feet about 20 to 25 minutes ago, seems to have bucked up it's ideas now though
  6. Slow this end too. (1630 ish). It was slower than a fat weezy boy on a CFT when I first tried to view forums and boards (>1 minute). Once I had viewed for a while, it seemed to sort its shite out and reverted to normal speed.
  7. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Sorry, I didn't explain myself clearly. I know it has been going badly today, have been working on it and think I've sorted it - so am interested in reports from now, not this morning or yesterday.
  9. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Thanks MC, I just got that too. Will have another look at it.

Everyone else, please don't post "it's great now" and such stuff. It would help if I just got the relevant posts like MC's. Thanks.
  10. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

I know about the last 5 minutes of 'no connection' total failure. My fault. I'm going to leave it now until tomorrow anyway. As I say any further problems please let me know below.
  11. J_D

J_D LE

Got that message a few times today.
  12. Got another error message just now, as well as some failures to connect earlier (could be on my end, but the same thing was happening last night and only with ARRSE as far as I know).

13. The connection to the database server failed, sorry for the inconvenience

We should be back shortly

All other browser windows responding ok but not ARRSE
  14. Just got this message

Pages are loading slowly and posting is just as bad, I have no problems with any other sites

15. scaryspice

scaryspice LE Moderator

when moving between pages in a thread and also from a thread back to the forum index.

Even VU was loading quicker (and that's saying something....)