Site Speed - AGAIN

We've had some problems with the site giving up on us today. I've just been tweaking and hope I've fixed it, but could you please report any very slow performance below. (>10 seconds waiting for a page other than editing or posting (which have lower priority than reading posts)).

Thanks for your help and sorry for the hassle.

Trying to get on the site is very slow. Some times won't even load. Also with posts, it has taken up to 1 - 2 minutes at times to load.

Anya1982 said:
Trying to get on the site is very slow. Some times won't even load. Also with posts, it has taken up to 1 - 2 minutes at times to load.
I found that too. Seems allright now though

Slow this end too. (1630 ish). It was slower than a fat weezy boy on a CFT when I first tried to view forums and boards (>1 minute). Once I had viewed for a while, it seemed to sort its shite out and reverted to normal speed.

Sorry, I didn't explain myself clearly. I know it has been going badly today, have been working on it and think I've sorted it - so am interested in reports from now, not this morning or yesterday.

Thanks MC, I just got that too. Will have another look at it.

Everyone else, please don't post "it's great now" and such stuff. It would help if I just got the relevant posts like MC's. Thanks.

I know about the last 5 minutes of 'no connection' total failure. My fault. I'm going to leave it now until tomorrow anyway. As I say any further problems please let me know below.

Got another error message just now, as well as some failures to connect earlier (could be on my end, but the same thing was happening last night and only with ARRSE as far as I know).

Saludos!

The connection to the database server failed, sorry for the inconvenience

We should be back shortly

All other browser windows responding ok but not ARRSE

G

Goku

Just got this message

ERROR

Pages are loading slowly and posting is just as bad, I have no problems with any other sites

Bugger…

ERROR

when moving between pages in a thread and also from a thread back to the forum index.

Even VU was loading quicker (and that's saying something....)

scaryspice said:
ERROR

when moving between pages in a thread and also from a thread back to the forum index.

Even VU was loading quicker (and that's saying something....)

yup i'm still finding it slow too, and had the error message a few times today. sometimes its ok, but as often as its ok, its taking an average of 20-30 seconds to change page. dunno if you need to know this also, but found chat really choppy tonight too... slow to pick up on my typing, to post and i did freeze a couple of times too, which is a problem i've never had before. like i think minx (?) said, i also thought it to be at my end, but other sites are fine.

I've made the next tweak and hope it will be better today. Once again please post errors (from now, not yesterday's errors, or 'it's all OK' messages!).

Thanks and sorry for the problems.

It's taken me the length of Barry White - My First My Last My Everything to get to this page. 1 Mb connection here. :(

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
HHH ARRSE: Site Issues 3
Good CO ARRSE: Site Issues 27
Bad CO ARRSE: Site Issues 99