Site refusong to load / slow

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by box-of-frogs, Jun 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. i know there were problems several weeks ago, but is anyone else having problems today getting the site to load or the site is occasionally very slow??? :?
  2. Yea just abit :/
  3. its usually quite slow when I'm at work (but only using arrse during official breaks of course) this evening its been slow at home; I say slow, but what I actually mean is almost standstill.
  4. Mine is ok! what are you using indows IE or Firefox etc? There has been problems with IE in the past.

5. Or it could be your internet connection.

6. Purple_Flash

Purple_Flash War Hero Moderator

And here was I thinking that it was 'interesting' that it happened just when the media would be very keen to hear the views of soldiers on foot of the CGS's recent remarks.

<Tin foil hat on>
  7. My one was slow, would not connect and had an arrse error message at one point between 1600/1730. On FF.
  8. Very slow here too
  9. msr

msr LE

Was a bit wobbly earlier, but works OK now.

10. Very slow loading pages for me and sometimes it just freezes up entirely.

This has been going on for quite a while now.
  11. Site having a bad couple of days (I understand there are some ongoing changes) or is it my connection from the states?

Also a question about times between postings, what are they? I keep getting messages telling me I'm posting too soon after my last post and after 5 minutes they, the messages, are still there. Possibly connected to the above?
  12. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

No it's sheer load. Monday is always busy, but this afternoon seems to have tipped it over the edge. I have a plan, but not one that I can do without taking the site off, and it is still just about usable, so I will wait until later tonight. I can only say what I always do. "Working on it" - sorry.

Also another apology for stopping you from posting twice for the last hour. Related to the correction in server time.
  13. Thanks Good Co for the quick answer.
  14. They site has been like wading through quick sand, on and off, for sometime. Are you still being DDOS'd.
  15. 25 seconds to load up a page!! Not good, WiFi fine though?? :?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.