Site redirect problem

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Disco, Jul 16, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Not the same issue but one of the review buttons links to a thread about prefab embassies

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

2. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Could you give me an example link that does it? It sounds very much like malware redirecting you, but I can't find any mention online of the redirect you got. I will check our server again, as redirects are a symptom of a server exploit that was discovered a couple of months ago.

3. It seems to be behaving now, if it happens again I will post the thread/s.

4. This maybe related: it popped up at about 2030 when I navigated back to 'New Posts'.

Screenshot-Tue 16 Jul 13.jpg

5. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

do you have a bigger version of that image? Maybe ARRSE has shrunk it, if so could you send it to admin@arrse.co.uk . Thanks fpr your help

6. Off-world email sent.

7. This is not a site issue but I wanted to share it anyway: The whole of Vietnam and a lot of SE Asia is suffering from crap internet right now, reason being that the BFO sub marine cable that runs from the port of Vung Tau and carries comms traffic all over SE Asia has been broken.

There's lots of speculation that a ships prop might have done it (not likely it's too deep) a submarine might had hit it (again unlikely, there is no reason for a sub to be in that area) etc. The latest news from the ROV crew inspecting the cable is that it has lots of VBFO teeth marks around the break.

Fucked if I am going swimming there again.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Cue big scary cello music.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

9. Massive, never seen before, meglamong type sea creature eats sea floor cable - nothing to see here move along.....

10. The same week Brian gets binned, some ancient creature rises from the deep to wreak revenge on the internet...

Forastero, what demon have you called down on us?!!!

Brought to you by the good people at The Internet.

• Like Like x 2
  11. IN the last 10 minutes or so I get redirected to a page wanting me to download the "new flash player" from dpownload.adobeoo.com. Its happened a few times on the parlking fines thread and again just now on this one

12. I'm getting a demand to update java and download the latest version. I didn't as the page address looked "dodgy". I have checked my laptop via the correct java site and my installation is OK (I have the latest version). Unfortunately, I didn't note the details as I was a bit quick off the mark to check out my system (version of java and an antivirus scan). The antivirus scan revealed nothing untoward on my laptop.

13. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

No java applets on ARRSE. Please take a screenshot, and I suspect malware since there are no other reports of this

14. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Sounds very much like this:

Fake Flash update installs feared banking Trojan - NBC News.com

You'll find various other references to this around. Almost certainly at your end I'm afraid.