Site Problem?

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by cpunk, Mar 13, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

Is it just me or is the site extremely slow today?

2. I'm finding that too.

3. It does seem to be a tad lethargic today.

4. Yep, seems slower than a chef on a PFT.

5. member's been moaning on other thread all day

6. Have emailed Arrse admin about the problem. (Twice :wink: )

7. A bit like me today, can't seem to get motivated, but pc is better now.

8. Yay it's back. About 2 hours and 40 minutes of outage I reckon :)

9. All aboard the outage bus.

10. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

The site has been kicking up small but irritating problems for a couple of weeks now.

It is slow at times which seems to be sorted briefly by a re-boot but the most annoying thing is the 'roving' adverts. Those which jump into the middle of a post instead of staying at the bottom of the page like the good little ads they are.

These are becoming more and more prevalent and now cover most of the ads shown at the bottom (or should be the bottom) of the page. OK they can be fixed by a refresh but are increasingly annoying.

I realise that the Boss is on something else (probably having to prove that he does do what he gets paid for now and again) but this needs to be sorted before the site is taken over by crap adverts.

I remain,
    Sir
    yours in advert mode awaiting sorting

A-Y

11. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

GoodCo is away on a beach.and I hope the bad fellow is earning a living somewhere. So don't expect any action just yet.

12. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

Have we waited long enough?

It's been creaking all week, and this evening is dreadful.

Page refresh, of course.
    The quality of inputs is as high as always. :wink:

13. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Sorry about this. I didn't know the site had been slow for a week. There were some problems last night I know. The firewall says we've been attacked from the US with a 'synflood' - ie Denial of Service. I don't know whether it's making it up. The load is still high.

As for the ads.... these are a ba stard to fix as they're intermittent and also only in Internet Explorer and IE7 has so many layout bugs that it's difficult to know where to start with a 'work around'. I'll try again today.

14. I keep getting "database fail" for the last few hours, changed computer but still U/S

15. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

I think this is now fixed.