Site penis of the year.

Who is the glans of the year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
Yeah, alright smartarse. One total loss out of forty-four hulls served on does not a track record make.

Yeah, sure - another one sank but we got it back. Three caught fire - in a reasonably minor way, one suffered an electrical explosion, two got a few new holes in them courtesy of some Africans with automatic weapons, a couple of people fell off of a couple and one of those unfortunately resulted in a fatality, and on the way home from one job the heli' punted an engine mid-way - but that wasn't technically vessel-related.

But all-in-all...

I've been on a few boaty/shippy* things, and only worked on two**. The only fire we had was on the Galahad and that was the engine of one of the lifeboats during testing.

Squeeky George (an infantryman who sounded like he was on helium) almost blew up the flying frog when making a brew by failing to ignite the gas until some time after turning the gas on. He wasn't a very clever person. He was barely human.
George was given his competent crew cert on the understanding he was never left unattended at any time

*technical term
** 3 if you include being 'forced' to take part in sailing many times in Cyprus by the OC as (barely) competent crew

Yeah, alright smartarse. One total loss out of forty-four hulls served on does not a track record make.

Yeah, sure - another one sank but we got it back. Three caught fire - in a reasonably minor way, one suffered an electrical explosion, two got a few new holes in them courtesy of some Africans with automatic weapons, a couple of people fell off of a couple and one of those unfortunately resulted in a fatality, and on the way home from one job the heli' punted an engine mid-way - but that wasn't technically vessel-related.

But all-in-all...
You are to ships what @MrBane is to DIY. Not related by any chance? ;)

But all-in-all...
Fuckin hell.....You're not coming anywhere near my boat, Jonah.

NSP

LE
Fuckin hell.....You're not coming anywhere near my boat, Jonah.
A quarter-century at sea; statistically I'm gong to have had a few rubs. Statistically, however, I am apparently below the average in that regard.

Last edited:

NSP

LE
Give me a few days to edit the draft and you can regale yourselves with Chapter 3: Ships That Combust In The Night from my lockdown memoir.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer

HCL

LE
An utter bellend.

And clear early contender for this years prestigious award - which, given the current champ, is some going, really.

I thought I saw a thread by Robme earlier, ranting about LMF. It disappeared sharpish. As has he.

Shame. ;)

Latest Threads