Site outage - Possibly the Chatbar, so temporarily disabled

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Good CO, Jun 17, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

I've turned off the chatbar as a possible culprit for causing the site downtime of the last hour. Equally it may have been me.

Either way, I'll look into more tomorrow. Apologies for dropping out on you.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Good one.

3. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Awww heck.....another fine conspiracy theory goes West.....dagnabbit Muskie !

4. Leave it off!

• Like Like x 1
  5. 403's generally come from a sitewide* permissions issue (possibly from .htaccess, chown or chmod), rather than a plug-in.

Which thread was causing possible lawyer issue? :0)

*I had it in various areas, not just the same page several times, though obviously I didn't try every resource

6. HHH

HHH LE

I don't know if this helps but I had a range of error messages during the outage,

Database error

404 error

Incapsula network error

And one more that I can't remember.

7. It was the Syria thread; it was stretching the credulity of the Internet.

8. Failure to attend a parade is a Prevalent Offence. Remanded for CO's Orders.

Ah. Right.

9. 403's on every page/thread I tried, but all ok now (from what I have tried to read)

10. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

403 - FORBIDDEN

( Ja....STRENG Verboten du Verdammt MikroZoft Arsch!)

11. I had this......
    Error Cannot connect to ARmy RSE - Army Rumour Service (ARRSE)logo

screenshot [​IMG]
    arrow
    ARmy RSE - Army Rumour Service (ARRSE)
    You've requested a page that currently is on the Incapsula network.
    Incapsula was unable to connect to the server.
    Suggestions :

• If you are a website visitor, try to refresh your browser and connect again.
    • If you are the website owner, please ensure that your server is up and running and that access to it from the Incapsula network has not been blocked in any way. see here

12. First time I've experienced it - thought I'd been banned - knew I shouldnt have used the cnut word!

13. Bad CO was banging on about how cloud was so good. It's ******* shite, and I hope that the email with the phone number he needed to call to get the site back up and running was stuck on the server and he couldn't read it because a local mail client is really shit, according to him.

14. Using the word "****" is fine. It's being one that's the problem, so you were right to be worried after all

• Like Like x 2
  15. Ta Mate, you've made my evening!