Site Look / Themes

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Good CO, Jul 28, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

You'll have noticed a change. We needed to switch the site 'themes' (yes there are more than one for those who hadn't noticed - can be changed in Your Account, preferences once you've joined), as the old ones were falling to bits in a website programming sort of way.

You may or may not like the change and I can't please all the people etc... Desert Cam? I agree with some that it's a bit naff (and American gung ho?), but most like it as the poll further down this forum shows. It's now the default theme for visitors to the site.

You'll have been switched to the 'light' theme if you were previously using the light blue one. This is a long overdue attempt to make site use less obvious for those at work: faded header logo, no signature pictures, no avatar pictures and generally very pale. Some images had to stay because of software constraints (eg. medals), although I'm hoping to work out a way to get these replaced by text when I get a moment.

Those who used the old 'cpgnuke' theme should have a version of it as 'Old_ARRSE'. For those who don't know, this is roughly how the site looked 4 years ago, although then it changed on an almost daily basis as we learned from scratch how web pages worked.

That's it. I hope you like the new look, and if you don't, well you can post your objections here and something may come of it, but I'm not promising!
  2. And there was me thinking I just had a stroke!

Rather nice though, I like it.
  3. Small issue - might be one with my browser but this current style has the user links: "form FAQ, Search, Messages" etc is all printed twice.
  4. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Good spot. Thanks. Now sorted.
  5. Who's broken my Arrse????????

Oh and this bit Forums > > ARRSE: Site Issues, Shop, Jobs, Complaints, Ideas used to be hotlinked by category, but that's not possible now....
  6. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

You sure PTP? That shouldn't have changed - the code is exactly the same. What theme were you using before?
  7. It ain't subtle is it?
  8. Used to use the Arrse Classic Good Boss, the cool blue one. Used to be able to click on those headings as I remember
  9. Good CO, well is growing on me :lol:

10. nope dont like it get more than enough of desert cam dont need any mor whan online!!!!!!!!!!
  11. I'd only just swapped over from the green one to the blue (don't recall their names) one, and now it doesn't exist anymore....

However, I like the new ones too.
  12. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Will have a look tomorrow. Need to assume the prone unsupported position.
  13. As long as I can still spout drivel whenever I post, any theme is fine! I will have a go with the plain one for work. It will be good for my career propects, ta for that Good CO.
  14. AAAAAAaaaahhhhhhhhh. That's better. Black print on a white background is much more readable than black on dark green. Thank you.
  15. Agreed, black text on white is better than that dark camo look!