Site Issues - Upgrade Feb 20th-ish

Fugly

LE
DirtyBAT
I might be having a senior moment (quite possible in fact) but has the PM inbox indicator been removed from the front page for some reason?

Fugly said:
I might be having a senior moment (quite possible in fact) but has the PM inbox indicator been removed from the front page for some reason?
your not the only person this has happened too. I can only login by replying to someone else's thread

Fugly

LE
DirtyBAT
It appears the only way to log out is to clear your browsers cache/cookies/etc.

Bosses, this isn't ideal for those of us on public computers (If it is indeed a site-wide problem)

Anyone else going a bit daft?

Fugly said:
That happened long ago, but, no, I don't have a messages indicator or log-off button .

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Fugly said:

Bosses, this isn't ideal for those of us on public computers (If it is indeed a site-wide problem)

Log out button is in 'My Account' under the 'My stuff' tab up there^

It's the bottom option.

Fugly

LE
DirtyBAT
Sixty said:
Fugly said:

Log out button is in 'My Account' under the 'My stuff' tab up there^

It's the bottom option.
Ta! :D

Hardly ideal though.

The_Rattler said:
Fugly said:
your not the only person this has happened too. I can only login by replying to someone else's thread
Snap. Thought it was just my laptop playing up but obviously not.

Cheers Sixty :D

Bimbles off muttering about embarrassing moments and wondering what the name of the thread in the NAAFI Bar was ? The one where you can out your own fuck ups DOH :blush:

Fugly said:

Apologies for being a computer biff but will my cookies be cleared if I restart the computer?
I've been using the Paradigm computers and I don't want to see my nickname offering bum sex for a tenner tomorrow because I didn't log out properly.

Fugly

LE
DirtyBAT
stacker1 said:
Fugly said:

Apologies for being a computer biff but will my cookies be cleared if I restart the computer?

I've been using the Paradigm computers and I don't want to see my nickname offering bum sex for a tenner tomorrow because I didn't log out properly.
No!

I look forward to seeing what services you are offering :D

oh fucking great, my inbox will be filled with offers from "curious" gentlemen.

Okay another question if I don't log out of a shared computer how long will it remember that I am logged in once I have closed the page?

Fugly

LE
DirtyBAT
stacker1 said:
oh fucking great, my inbox will be filled with offers from "curious" gentlemen.

Okay another question if I don't log out of a shared computer how long will it remember that I am logged in once I have closed the page?
For ever.

Actually, until the cache/cookies are cleared - or someone else logs in. Which they can't, as there is no login option, and they will have to log you out via Sixty's method first.

Or until this gets fixed :D

Certa_Cito said:
Just face it Stacker ! You´re shafted mate :D
I'm afraid thats what people are going to offer money to do to me.
Have I got a claim against the CO's for hurt feelings (about forty Ks worth) should I get any intesting PMs?

stacker1 said:
I'm afraid thats what people are going to offer money to do to me.
Have I got a claim against the CO's for hurt feelings (about forty Ks worth) should I get any intesting PMs?
No mate, because this is ARRSE. You´ll probably be told to stop being a big girls blouse, take it like a man and then get crated in the NAAFI Bar for whinging :D

The_Rattler said:
Fugly said:
Thanks for the info, I was wondering how I was going to log in