Site Issues - Upgrade Feb 20th-ish

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Fugly, Feb 21, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

I might be having a senior moment (quite possible in fact) but has the PM inbox indicator been removed from the front page for some reason?

2. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

I can't find the Log Out button either!

3. your not the only person this has happened too. I can only login by replying to someone else's thread

4. It's same with mine, although you can check inbox via the my stuff link at the top.

5. ^^^^^^^

Thank God for that!! Ended up checking my doctor's scrip as I thought I'd over-medicated.

Again.

6. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

It appears the only way to log out is to clear your browsers cache/cookies/etc.

Bosses, this isn't ideal for those of us on public computers (If it is indeed a site-wide problem)

Anyone else going a bit daft?

7. That happened long ago, but, no, I don't have a messages indicator or log-off button .

8. Don´t know if it´s site-wide Fugly, but I´m having the same problem. Any IT whiz kid Mods about ?

9. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Log out button is in 'My Account' under the 'My stuff' tab up there^

It's the bottom option.

10. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Ta! :D

Hardly ideal though.

11. Snap. Thought it was just my laptop playing up but obviously not.

12. Cheers Sixty :D

Bimbles off muttering about embarrassing moments and wondering what the name of the thread in the NAAFI Bar was ? The one where you can out your own fuck ups DOH :blush:

13. Apologies for being a computer biff but will my cookies be cleared if I restart the computer?
    I've been using the Paradigm computers and I don't want to see my nickname offering bum sex for a tenner tomorrow because I didn't log out properly.

14. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

No!

I look forward to seeing what services you are offering :D

15. oh fucking great, my inbox will be filled with offers from "curious" gentlemen.

Okay another question if I don't log out of a shared computer how long will it remember that I am logged in once I have closed the page?