Site issues 19 May 18

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
@Good CO @Bad CO

This morning at about 0800 I was not able to log in and the message said Host Error. Obviously I am now able to get in but thought I would flag this up.

The past few days the site has been slightly slower in reacting in that when posting on a thread there has been the 'Wait" bars showing for a few seconds before posting. Don't know if that is owt to do with it but again, mentioning as it may help.

@Good CO @Bad CO

This morning at about 0800 I was not able to log in and the message said Host Error. Obviously I am now able to get in but thought I would flag this up.

The past few days the site has been slightly slower in reacting in that when posting on a thread there has been the 'Wait" bars showing for a few seconds before posting. Don't know if that is owt to do with it but again, mentioning as it may help.
Happened in my world as well. Down for roughly 4 hours. Error 500 kept getting displayed.

I got both error 500 and error 521 as well, over a period of about five hours or so. Cloudflare said the site was down.

Error 521 for me:
Error 521Ray ID: 41d4ef46ce3f35a8 • 2018-05-19 07:43:48 UTC
Web server is down
E2A: until 190850A MAY 18 or so, as with Bugsy, a blank page (withholds comment) :)

Last edited:

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
That's funny because when I tried to log in around 05:30 hours this morning, there was just a blank page.

MsG

Cloudfare can display a cached version of the site when the site is available, whether it would be worth their while at all is another question altogether

Although using it a lot I'm finding sometimes it causes trouble itself, although rare the cache can get corrupt and all sorts of weirdness can occur

It’s because of the royal wedding... and brexit.

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
And so it should for you.
Permanently.
Actuall, that blank page reminded me very much of your normal, moronic facial expression (minus the dribbling because it was quite early in the morning). How about that, eh?

MsG

Come on - own up; who broke it this time?

Having seen the state of @The_Snail 's gaff on the Self-Taken Photo thread I assumed she'd tripped over a pile of possessions and, in falling (again), snagged the ArRSe mains cable, thus pulling it out of the socket.

Come on - own up; who broke it this time?

Having seen the state of @The_Snail 's gaff on the Self-Taken Photo thread I assumed she'd tripped over a pile of possessions and, in falling (again), snagged the ArRSe mains cable, thus pulling it out of the socket.
I'm so glad you tagged me in a post to tell a really old joke. Thanks for that.

@Good CO @Bad CO

God help us all!

The brexit thread is on its ARRSE.

Sorry for the delay in normal service but our database server ran out of hard disk space. This happened at a bad time for both of us so didn't get resolved until earlier today when GCO made everything ok again :)

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
Blame either Brexit of Vladimir Putin.