Site for new recruits - opinions wanted

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Damocles909, Jul 27, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm a serving TF soldier in the NZ army. Since we have quite a few soldiers who come out on weekend exercises before they have done recruit training, they come out with no clues on how to pack their kit. They get some pointers at night parades but seem to forget it all between leaving the hall and getting home.

To give them a reference, I've put up a website with how I've packed my kit just as a guide for them to look at. website
    But before giving the link to them I'd like some comments from you all - do yuo think it is a good reference for new soldiers? I've only been in 18 months so I'd also like comments from more experienced soldiers.
  2. Im using one of the new skins, and it doesn't seem to like highlighting links, so im wondering if you supplied a link in your post and I missed it.........
  3. msr

msr LE

We already have a start on the wiki, can't find the link immediately, I am sure someone will be able to help me out.

4. If I can make a slight observation:

If you have guys coming in who don't know how to pack their kit, they're unlikely to know what half of the acronyms are. Although most of us understand it, it's written in "Army language" and a lot of the phrases would probably go over the head of your target audience. It might be worth re-writing it into civvy english to have the most benefit.