Site down - 7 Nov 05

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Bad CO, Nov 7, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Apologies for those who have been trying to get online for the last 2 hours or so. It appears that the database had been switched off for reasons that are currently unclear. I'm hoping GCO may know more!
  2. Thanks for the info - had to do some work there for a while.
  3. I know exactly what you mean Mur - had a slight 'wibble' moment myself!
  4. Bad CO

Of course this could be a cunning CBI/MOD ruse to drastically increase productivity ......
  5. I just spent time on Arrsepedia! Nope not a drop of work from me!
  6. Same here Rip - there's always a way to avoid work! :)
  7. I thought this was what I was employed to do!
  8. Phew i thought the I.T Police had but a block in then. Panic over - over
  9. Tell GCO that there were intermittent 'failure to access database' messages before and since the close-down.

Suspect there's an underlying frailty somewhere along the line and it may switch off again.
  10. Bad CO

Some investigation.....

1. It is likely that the main problem was caused by GCO (probably ....)

2. The failure to access db messages are caused by us restarting the server in an attempt to eke more performance out of it. Fear not though, our £1800k new bad boy server should be here in the next week or so and banish all these performance issues .....
  11. Spotted this ruse and had a wander around too. I noticed that if you start on the right of the links and move left you eventually hit the errors.
  12. Fcuk me BCO - that's quite an expensive bit of kit! :D

Yeah - I know what you meant - I'll get me coat...
  13. Never thought of hitting Arrsepedia - still don't know how to add your Arrse User definition - thought i should put one in there before someone else "helps me out"!

14. I was having a tin-foil-hat moment (or hour!) and thought that the dissenting voices from the past day or two had been noted by the Neu Arbeit Thought Police and that something sinister was afoot! 8O :oops:
  15. phew, thought the boss had done something to the works server and blocked me out, i've just been nice to him incase, damn!!