Site and NAAFI bar rules - a timely reminder

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Duke

LE
Following the recent spats, culls, bitch fights, bannings, moans about MODs and flouncing offs, there has been activity behind the scenes to try and sort out a ceasefire so we can get back on track.

To help this work for the benefit of the site and all users, would everyone please take the time to remind themselves of the site rules (http://www.arrse.co.uk/community/threads/arrse-aims-policy-and-complaints-procedure.4314/) and especially the NAAFI bar rules (http://www.arrse.co.uk/community/th...ad-digest-before-posting-revised-rules.87997/).

None of this is new, nothing has changed - it is just that some people seem to have forgotten the rules so a timely reminder seems to be in order.

A few other things to consider:

1. The recent problems cannot be denied, but neither must they keep being resurrected or dragged back up to try and score points. It benefits no-one and will only make everything flare up again. Let it go.

2. Bullying, pursuing posters across threads or boards and vendettas are all clearly against site rules. This includes "hypothetical" examples, and constant references to users in a manner which makes it clear who you mean but without using their ID. New users are to be given the benefit of the doubt. If you have concerns, report them to the relevant MOD for action if necessary. Do not hound them off the site.

3. Use the report function properly. The MODs cannot possibly review every single post, so if you see something that breaks the site rules, report it. Real reports will be acted upon, false or harassing ones will backfire on you.

4. If in doubt, back off. Sober up, take a walk, watch TV, do whatever it takes to calm down and diffuse the situation. By the same token, respect other people's right to post and indeed to disagree with you - without that, the site is pointless.

I will leave this open for a while in case there are any sensible comments forthcoming.

The_Duke

I will leave this open for a while in case there are any sensible comments forthcoming.

I doubt it, however, do MOD's HAVE to take peoples feelings into accout or do you tell 'em to poke it?

OK. All fine and dandy and sensible. Then for God's sake revise your rules. Making comments like "A female with no apparent military connection will never be fully accepted as a member of this site. If you are pretty, please try" is sure designed to reinforce your sentiments.

Believe me if you ban a few long standing arrsers who are habitual abusers, it will drive home the message.

OK. All fine and dandy and sensible. Then for God's sake revise your rules. Making comments like "A female with no apparent military connection will never be fully accepted as a member of this site. If you are pretty, please try" is sure designed to reinforce your sentiments.

Believe me if you ban a few long standing arrsers who are habitual abusers, it will drive home the message.

You really are that stupid.

Sorry @The_Duke.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru

http://www.arrse.co.uk/community/th...ad-digest-before-posting-revised-rules.87997/
Did you read that bit?

D

Djelli Beybii

Tbh...I can't be bothered with all the bitching and general fuckwittery that's been going on.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

Starting with you perhaps!

@ The_Duke If you have any doubts about me being hounded across threads, please look at the stats for Jarrod. Since 4.00 am today he has posted 7 responses to my posts (not counting likes or indirect comments about me) even when I haven't responded to any of his. In fact he had one of his posts directed at me removed in the past 24 hours by one of the mods because it was offensive. How much more proof do you want?

@ The_Duke If you have any doubts about me being hounded across threads, please look at the stats for Jarrod. Since 4.00 am today he has posted 7 responses to my posts (not counting likes or indirect comments about me) even when I haven't responded to any of his. In fact he had one of his posts directed at me removed in the past 24 hours by one of the mods because it was offensive. How much more proof do you want?
There is an ignore function, try using it rather than crying like teenager on Facebook.

D

Djelli Beybii

Right, can't sock puppets be filtered out via IP addresses?
Therefore only 1 username can be valid per IP address.

Is it possible to do this?

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
I wasn't up until 1000hrs, there's no rules to stop people posting on threads. I've not broken any rules. You can't see my posts you've said I'm on ignore. I've reported this post as inappropriate.

Right, can't sock puppets be filtered out via IP addresses?
Therefore only 1 username can be valid per IP address.
I'm sure the lads using the Paradigm cabins would really welcome your idea.

D

Djelli Beybii

I'm sure the lads using the Paradigm cabins would really welcome your idea.
Umm Stacker, you may as well be talking Swahili , I have no idea about computers, it was just a thought.

I'll just go and get my coat ...

He wasn't up at 0400hrs. I was though.

D

Djelli Beybii

So was I to be fair....the site has a glitch for around 10 minutes at 03.30ish every morning as well.

Umm Stacker, you may as well be talking Swahili , I have no idea about computers, it was just a thought.

I'll just go and get my coat ...
It means some people share computers (such as the welfare facilities), namely those serving in Afghanistan.

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
He wasn't up at 0400hrs. I was though.
And the truth is out. Jarrod is Sluggy and Sluggy is Jarrod.

Or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Jobs Offered 0
C Jobs Offered 0
Sangreal Officers 20