Sit ups correct form

I've had a brief flick through the threads and would just like to have something confirmed. At main board are sit ups tested with arms folded across the chest with someone holding your feet, or is it hands behind your head? Many thanks.

If they're referred to as PFA sit-ups it will be arms folded across chest. Hands behind head was suspended because people endeavouring to force out an extra few were injuring themselves by pulling on their own heads.

As bizarre as it sounds.

If they're referred to as PFA sit-ups it will be arms folded across chest. Hands behind head was suspended because people endeavouring to force out an extra few were injuring themselves by pulling on their own heads.

As bizarre as it sounds.
Beat me to it. Hands interlaced behind the head can cause neck strain and lower back stress. Sit ups are supposed to be a test of "core strength" thereby arms crossed with finger tips resting on the clavicles (shoulder blades) will test the strength of the core. Although some of us argue that a true test of core strength should be with the feet unsupported as well. But again this can also cause muscle strain. Catch 22, I'm afraid.

Beat me to it. Hands interlaced behind the head can cause neck strain and lower back stress. Sit ups are supposed to be a test of "core strength" thereby arms crossed with finger tips resting on the clavicles (shoulder blades) will test the strength of the core. Although some of us argue that a true test of core strength should be with the feet unsupported as well. But again this can also cause muscle strain. Catch 22, I'm afraid.

Anatomy not your forte then?

Anatomy not your forte then?

He got you there @Ho2331 I know what a clavicle is... it's a clavicle - you were right. I don't know if it has any other name though.
stock-vector-cartoon-funny-robot-with-long-arms-103953800.jpg

I prescribe ..Alcohol..........Lots of it ;-)
I promise that I'll have my lines written up for you by monday morning... Oh wait... I have a Doctor's appointment on monday. What if the dog gets hold of my homework? What do I do then?

I promise that I'll have my lines written up for you by monday morning... Oh wait... I have a Doctor's appointment on monday. What if the dog gets hold of my homework? What do I do then?

I refer you to my previous answer.

cpunk

LE
The briefing goes something like 'feet up to 8cm apart and held firmly by partners hands only, arms folded across chest with fingertips in the vicinity of the shoulders. Raise the upper body to the vertical position and then lower until shoulder blades touch the mat'. If you bounce your arse, start flapping your arms around or don't do the full movement, you'll be stopped and given a warning.

Latest Threads