Sister of an Ex Royal Signals would appreciate 2 mins of your time

maybe you guys know something I don't, I 'm not really interested in the Sister's motivation and, as has been said, it's a very sad story. What's really pissing me off is why Gungythree feels at ease to press the bullshit button on me when he has **** all to say - what's the problem, gungy, spit it out.

Have another, you tip.

Let's have a petition to demand that people look after their own families.

Fück that! You wouldn't be so cruel, would you?

Maple

LE
I'm a diabetic and I'm ex-mob, if I was to be on JSA would the rules not apply to me either?

maybe you guys know something I don't, I 'm not really interested in the Sister's motivation and, as has been said, it's a very sad story. What's really pissing me off is why Gungythree feels at ease to press the bullshit button on me when he has **** all to say - what's the problem, gungy, spit it out.
@negative_camber Did you create this account in July withthe intention of using it for this thread only?

@@negative_camber Did you create this account in July withthe intention of using it for this thread only?

I'm answering this because you clearly have something in mind that's off beam. Nope, don't have such prescience. I created the account because I'd benefited from a lot of expertise on here and hoped that I might be able to give something back at some point. Take a look at my contributions - there are two prior to today - one trying to help on the issue of how to deal with neuropathic pain in a smoking weed thread and one recently on the merits of Lowa boots. I only contributed to this thread because I thought the story sad and I'm off work today.

looking forward to the next round of bullshit alerts - fill your boots........

@@negative_camber Did you create this account in July withthe intention of using it for this thread only?

I'm answering this because you clearly have something in mind that's off beam. Nope, don't have such prescience. I created the account because I'd benefited from a lot of expertise on here and hoped that I might be able to give something back at some point. Take a look at my contributions - there are two prior to today - one trying to help on the issue of how to deal with neuropathic pain in a smoking weed thread and one recently on the merits of Lowa boots. I only contributed to this thread because I thought the story sad and I'm off work today.

looking forward to the next round of bullshit alerts - fill your boots........

Why don't you change your Tenna lady, sitting around in damp knickers can make you grumpy.

I thought that and have said, on another thread about this, strange that he wasn't in receipt of a BT pension after 16 years. My wife is and she only worked for them for 10 years.

Also as ex Royal Signals why none of those who appear to be so concerned didn't contact The Royal Signals Benevolent Fund, it's what it's there for.

Rules were changed a few years ago. Going by his age etc, he would have been in Section B

Normal Pension Age is 60 for Section A but 65 for Sections B and C.

Last edited:

Stop shouting!! A larger font isn't going to influence opinion and the way this site works, it's like drawing flies to a pile of elephant shit.

Stop shouting!! A larger font isn't going to influence opinion and the way this site works, it's like drawing flies to a pile of elephant shit.

thanks for the heads up - quite right - embarassingly, I wasn't shouting, just cut and paste "Gungythree" and it formatted that way, oops..... Still, I did kind of ask for it!

Da_Bomb

Swinger
No sorry, not a fake dodgy account, I joined Arrse ages ago when I was after info on some Kit. Technically I should be on GOAT as I am ex RAF, however as a Telecoms Op and having worked with Royal Signals on various detachments, 30 Sigs in Bosnia and the Gurkha Sigs in the Gulf and Turkey, I was pretty pissed at how somebody could be so badly failed by the system, and even more so as that he was a veteran that could have been me, or one of my mates.

The sister does not give the whole story in the petition, the Guardian done a piece about it, and the nuts of it was, he was probably too proud to ask for help and did not want to burden somebody else with his problems, unfortunately the fact he had no money and his medical condition caught up with him.
I didn't know him, but if I had, I would of helped him out, probably like every ex serviceman would have.
And that's why I posted this, if I cant help now, at least this should be investigated.

As a final footnote, I would have eaten the tin of Sardines, the only tin of food I would have left would have been "Cheese Possessed" that hard white crap in the ten man ration packs of old!

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
the trouble is, when human beings sink into this level of depression, ( being unemployed is depressing ) then the normal rules by which we function and think tend to go out of the window, we also do not know if he had other issues, alcohol, mental health, or disabilities, any of them can lead to an error of judgement
unfortunately it not the first and it wont be the last case like this
I have known and worked with people who seem perfectly ok and yet inside soem sort of clock is ticking, one day it stops and they do the oddest things
I am sure that there is more to the case than we have heard

No sorry, not a fake dodgy account, I joined Arrse ages ago when I was after info on some Kit. Technically I should be on GOAT as I am ex RAF, however as a Telecoms Op and having worked with Royal Signals on various detachments, 30 Sigs in Bosnia and the Gurkha Sigs in the Gulf and Turkey, I was pretty pissed at how somebody could be so badly failed by the system, and even more so as that he was a veteran that could have been me, or one of my mates.

The sister does not give the whole story in the petition, the Guardian done a piece about it, and the nuts of it was, he was probably too proud to ask for help and did not want to burden somebody else with his problems, unfortunately the fact he had no money and his medical condition caught up with him.
I didn't know him, but if I had, I would of helped him out, probably like every ex serviceman would have.
And that's why I posted this, if I cant help now, at least this should be investigated.

Hmm? I don't know whether to be impressed or saddened by your complete refusal to consider or even acknowledge, anything mentioned by other posters, and then you keep dripping on about the scaley RIP , being failed.

If anyone failed him it was his own family members or mysterious 'mates'. In other word, you Brylcremed bonce tw*t , listen to this....

Latest Threads