Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Sir, Sir, 'me GAT doesn't work Sir!

L85's got heavier and now comes with no one, not two, but three handgrips!

SA80A3-UGL-660x440.jpg

L85 Jonnie Seven OMA

Er no, it's got a wee bit lighter, 100g, according to the HK and MoD releases

L85's got heavier and now comes with no one, not two, but three handgrips!

Except that forward grip is part of the grenade launcher, can fold away, and is thus no different from M16A4 plus M203; in other words, the firer has decided to unfold it and hold on to it when they had the option not to. Perhaps it's useful?

Oh, and here's the US Army's new M320 Grenade Launcher, as fitted to the M4 rifle. Anything look familiar here? Gosh, I wonder how many handgrips I see...

size0-army.mil-92573-2010-11-23-091154.jpg

But you either knew that (proving that you're a weasel) or you didn't know that (proving that yet again, you're mouthing off about things of which you know very little).

For your next trick, explain how the US Army approached "we've just fitted a heavier barrel to the M16A2 to cope with the new M855 ammunition, but we've got all these M203 that fit on to the old, thinner barrel" - did they:
  1. Change the mounts on the M203
  2. Turn all the barrels down for the first few inches so that the existing M203 mounts would continue to fit?
Go on, guess whether 30 years later, they're still making the M16A4 to fit Vietnam-era designed grenade launchers...

BCM-BRL-s-20%20STD-2.jpg

Last edited:
I happened to be at the range this morning, with my trusty BSA built L1A1 & proceeded to hit the 300yd gong (12" square) with 19 out of 20 shots & 500yd gong (12" square) with 12 out of 20 shots using iron sights.

Bring back THAT rifle & Brittania will regain its empire & stamp out naughtiness by uppity fuzzy-wuzzies once & for all!

When I were a lad...

...ahem, sorry, got a tad nostalgic for a moment there.
Not a cat in hells chance, they were banned under SALT iiirc