Sir, Sir, 'me GAT doesn't work Sir!

ugly

LE
I happened to be at the range this morning, with my trusty BSA built L1A1 & proceeded to hit the 300yd gong (12" square) with 19 out of 20 shots & 500yd gong (12" square) with 12 out of 20 shots using iron sights.

Bring back THAT rifle & Brittania will regain its empire & stamp out naughtiness by uppity fuzzy-wuzzies once & for all!

When I were a lad...

...ahem, sorry, got a tad nostalgic for a moment there.
Not a cat in hells chance, they were banned under SALT iiirc

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
No wonder you couldn't hit anything, no front or rear sight?

Just a lovely carrying handle we were told never to carry it with. :biggrin:

Oh look he is spouting off again and getting it all wrong again.

No wonder you couldn't hit anything, no front or rear sight?
Can't be as bad as me. If I wanted to hit the target at three hundred metres, I pretty much had to take the bullets down to the butts and throw them at the things.

ugly

LE
Just a lovely carrying handle we were told never to carry it with. :biggrin:
1LI was issued hundreds of them so they could double off at the trail from HM the Queens Birthday parade in Berlin.

ugly

LE
Can't be as bad as me. If I wanted to hit the target at three hundred metres, I pretty much had to take the bullets down to the butts and throw them at the things.
Groups achieved by setting fire to a box of ammo on the firing point!

Possibly the longest zombie thread gestation on ARRSE.

I started reading it as it cropped up top of the list on “What’s New” and it was a good few posts in before I realised it was ancient.

Could just as easily have been started yesterday.

Has anything changed since 2002?
For the piss stained old men…

Seven years old - pleaded for one and got.......this.....not sure I ever recovered :oops:

1524671880826.png

Sturmgewehr 90 - SIG SG550

1524756262930.png

I've handled but not shot this and it certainly has the feel of a "soldier-proof" and robust weapon.

Anyway it seems to sell rather better than our efforts.

SIG SG 550 - Wikipedia

Shoot me with that, then. Retire to let’s say 300-400 metres and let me shoot you in the chest with a L85a3? Deal?
Have you seen the size of it?
Gerald Bull started with one of those.