Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sir Sean Connery dies

A bad thing?
Made him one of movie history's most desired global icons, multi filthy squillions-aire, more belt fed pussy than cat rescues, and ownership of multiple sunny clime heavens on Earth.
How did you do? ;)
View attachment 516605

Curiously, he came to loathe the Bond character and felt that it was limiting him(?). I don't know why he was so sniffy about it. Without having been cast as Bond his career as an actor would probably have foundered.

And a tax exile

And a supporter of the SNP but not enough to come over and campaign during the referendum because he would have lost his tax status.
SNP support aside, can you blame him? (sadly not now) but if you had a few quid of which I am sure he probably did, throwing money at the shit shower of economy we have here. If any of us could pay in just for services received or provided we would all be a lot better off! The economy would thrive as there would be more disposable income.
But no we pay our taxes and maybe get our bins emptied once a fortnight and give the rest to "needy causes". Tax exile? I think that should be replaced with head screwed on! Just saying.

RIP Mr TS Connery

Hmm, talking about the gun and barracks....

No comments about the costume then?

I always liked the way that he proved what most of us here probably suspected to be the case - that a man-hating lesbian (in this case Pussy Galore) could be raped back onto the home team.

There's a line in the original book where Pussy tells James, "You know the definition of a Lesbian in Alabama? Any girl who can out-run her male relatives". :)

Curiously, he came to loathe the Bond character and felt that it was limiting him(?). I don't know why he was so sniffy about it. Without having been cast as Bond his career as an actor would probably have foundered.
Hypothesis, but I'll buy it tbh.

SNP support aside, can you blame him? (sadly not now) but if you had a few quid of which I am sure he probably did, throwing money at the shit shower of economy we have here. If any of us could pay in just for services received or provided we would all be a lot better off! The economy would thrive as there would be more disposable income.
But no we pay our taxes and maybe get our bins emptied once a fortnight and give the rest to "needy causes". Tax exile? I think that should be replaced with head screwed on! Just saying.

RIP Mr TS Connery
It might have looked a bit better if he lived in the country that he wanted to separate from the UK.

However, he should be mocked for being ex Navy.

RIP.

Apart from the Bond films, how many of his roles involved playing Generals, Colnels, or submarine captains - or other soldiers/sailors/airmen?

A Bridge Too Far
The Hunt For The Red October
The Longest Day

Was he in Battle of Britain?
The Longest Day. A Lance Cpl if I recall.

Dr Death

War Hero
00 Licence Revoked - Commander James Bond.CMG.RNVR formerly of SIS.
1604164218809.png

RIP Commander.

BingtheMing

Old-Salt
Billy Connolly recalls of being at an awards ceremony and Connery is doing his acceptance speech when he suddenly spies the Big Yin in the audience , stops midstream and comes up wth :- "Ah Connolly, now there's a shite for shore eyesh "
Maybe embellished a bit but never the less , RIP Big Tam the Milkman.

The Longest Day. A Lance Cpl if I recall.
An Irish one at that, with an Irish accent that would have made Dick Van Dyke wince. Plus holding a BREN like it was a guitar.
One off day in a long and illustrious career. RIP Sir Sean.

Women in Hollywood aren't allowed to look old, one sign of a wrinkle and their career is finished. Then Sean's funniest scene, his introduction in Hunt For Red October, the camera is zoomed on his forehead, slowly zooming out and all these deep wrinkles on his forehead and around his eyes.

I will miss those wrinkles.

And a tax exile

And a supporter of the SNP but not enough to come over and campaign during the referendum because he would have lost his tax status.

Not only a tax exile, but he founded his own private bank in London too. His attitude at the time was that he was making so much money and putting it into other peoples banks and paying them for the privilege so he may as well open his own and have people pay him.

Latest Threads