Sir Ranulph Fiennes - No Yorkshiremen!

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by jack-daniels, Nov 15, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just been watching the BBC 4 interview with Sir Ran and they were chatting about his expeditions and who he takes along. He said that the only people he writes off are ''Yorkshirmen, Men with glasses and short men''

When asked about the Yorkshirmen he said ''once bitten twice shy''.

What on Earth could the folk of Yorkshire have done to give the intrepid explorer the shivers!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00nxk26/Mark_Lawson_Talks_To_Ranulph_Fiennes/

2. As a Tyke, and a Leeds Loiner, I can only assume that he took Geoffrey Boycott on one of his jollies.
    That being the case, 99.99% of Yorkshire folk would agree with his statement.

3. Self opinionated,bigotted,loud mouthed,tight fisted,ferret stroking,beer swilling,whippet owners,cow heel and tripe eaters,cricket bores,Ilkely Moor lovers,red rose haters?

Or the collective chip on the shoulder?.Not sure.

4. But you agree with the rest?

5. Fiennes has a point

6. Clearly his daughters/wives/mothers back doors were kicked in by a fine Yorkshire Stallion of a man.

7. Surely an urban myth - most Yorkies are hung like knackered pit ponies.

Now if the daughters/wives/mothers are looking for proper stallions they should trot over to the more cultured/elegant side of the Pennines :D

lancslad

8. All they'll find over that way is pregnant teens and long dole queues!

9. His name alone should ne'er be uttered.

10. You're only jealous :D

As every Lancastrian knows Yorkshire is a little place outside Lancashire and a Yorkshireman is just a failed Lancastrian whose emblem is a red rose suffering from anaemia :wink:

All summed up remarkably well when you look at the official coat of arms of Yorkshire which contains a fly, a flea, a magpie and a side of bacon i.e.

- a fly will sup with anybody & so will a Yorkie
    - a flea will bite anybody & so will a Yorkie
    - a magpie will chatter with anybody & so will a Yorkie
    - a side of bacon is never any good until it's been hanged...

lancslad

11. ROFL

Being 50% good Lancastrian stock (the other 50% from Dorset) I know which side of the Pennines is best (oh it wasnt my fault my 'rents decided to emigrate, although the have seen sense and moved back :) )

12. Nah, it's the other way round. Every Lancastrian decends from a time when the good men of Yorkshire decided to cast out the undesireables, with the Pennines in the way simply to keep the stench out.
    So in essence, face it. Lancashire is a ghetto.
    :)

13. The M62?

Edited to add - what a waste of my 1000th post!!

In 5 years, not a weekend like some on here :roll:

MB

14. Eric Morecambe

[​IMG]

15. A Yorkshireman's advice to his son:

"Hear all, see all, say nowt
    Eat all, sup all, pay nowt.
    And if tha ever does owt for nowt,
    allus do it for thissen."

Why does he give this advice? Because he knows that he'll be living and working with Lancashire Puddings and Southern nancy boy pooftahs, that's why. :D

Let's be honest, Lancashire has Liverpool in it. All those thieving fckuing scallie barstards. Cilla Black, Craig Charles, Edwina Currie, Anne Robinso, Jimmy Fckuing Tarbuck!
    And don't lets get started on Manchester, home of Liam and Noel Gallagher, two nicer gentlemen you couldn't wish to meet. And Morrisey, the miserable cnut.