Sir Philip Green - alleged sexual harassment?

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
Sir Philip Green named over harassment claims

In the first instance, I have mixed feelings bout parliamentary privilege being granted to Lord Hain about releasing Sir Philip Green's name in connection with sexual harassment claims, but we are where we are. Now I would not put anything past Sir Phil. Serial asset stripper, destroyer of companies, and now, piece de resistance, a serial sex pest accusation.

Hain giving out the name in Parliament is going to cause problems, I am not sure what the judiciary are going to do about it. Moreover, what is Sir Phil going to do about it? It is certain to be entertaining.

What is the relationship between Peter Hain and the Telegraph or do I have to wait for the next issue of Private Eye?

Without doubt there is a rabbit off.

My personal and totally unfounded view is that Peter Mandelson is involved. Because he always is.

Last edited:

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer

Baboon186

War Hero
Sir Philip Green named over harassment claims

In the first instance, I have mixed feelings bout parliamentary privilege being granted to Lord Hain about releasing Sir Philip Green's name in connection with sexual harassment claims, but we are where we are. Now I would not put anything past Sir Phil. Serial asset stripper, destroyer of companies, and now, piece de resistance, a serial sex pest accusation.

Hain giving out the name in Parliament is going to cause problems, I am not sure what the judiciary are going to do about it. Moreover, what is Sir Phil going to do about it? It is certain to be entertaining.

What is the relationship between Peter Hain and the Telegraph or do I have to wait for the next issue of Private Eye?

Without doubt there is a rabbit off.

My personal and totally unfounded view is that Peter Mandelson is involved. Because he always is.

I have more of an issue with the rich buying gagging orders

I hope that one of these two things happens:

a) The accusations are true and he is crucified for them.
b) The accusations are false, and he crucifies every media outlet that published the reports.

If he's done the deed(s), then take him to the cleaners. If however, it is a smear campaign against an unpopular figure, then the shoe is on the other foot.

I hope that one of these two things happens:

a) The accusations are true and he is crucified for them.
b) The accusations are false, and he crucifies every media outlet that published the reports.

If he's done the deed(s), then take him to the cleaners. If however, it is a smear campaign against an unpopular figure, then the shoe is on the other foot.
He is certainly not going to be putting his hand up and admitting it is he, if it is true.

Thing is, if he's ever taken to court and found guilty on the evidence of those his lawyers agreed non-disclosure payments with, or indeed proved innocent, will he be able to pursue them for the money for breaking a legally binding agreement*?

* If it is indeed legally binding that is

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
Thing is, if he's ever taken to court and found guilty on the evidence of those his lawyers agreed non-disclosure payments with, or indeed proved innocent, will he be able to pursue them for the money for breaking a legally binding agreement*?

I am not sure that non-disclosure can be applied to crimes.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
The movie biz increasingly ask people to sign NDAs as a matter of routine...be interesting to see what Case law says in this case....

Hands up anyone who can say that they've been floored with the shock. If you had to compile a list of mysterious businessmen who were likely candidates to have taken out a gagging injunction, he'd have featured in the top three places.

I remember being in a BHS once a few years ago (ever the slave to cutting edge haute couture) and seeing a gaggle of obviously concerned managers touring the sales floor. In the centre of this fawning throng was the diminutive Philip Green.

It would have been some time before this obsequious bunch of lick-spittles became aware that Sir Philip and his missus had bled the company dry and would sell the empty husk on to another shyster for £1, effectively ensuring their redundancy.

Do you know, he never touched me up or made a pass? I felt rejected and worthless. I don't know if I'm allowed to tell you that.

Troy

LE

It's only legally binding up to a point. Force majore trumps all. So if a law, or a legal judgement demands disclosure then so be it.

Look on the bright side, his daughter (purportedly the apple of his eye) is being punched, bored and screwed by a Septic criminal.

Hain's statement smacked more of revenge than doing the "decent" thing. It was a "put the boot in" moment

Latest Threads