Sir Michael Caine

fairycakes said:
If ARRSE decides we require a Colonel-in-Chief he would get my nomination.
Now that's not a bad idea at all! I wonder if we could get some sort of consensus on whether Sir Michael Caine should be the honorary "Colonel-in-Chief of ARRSE". He's got all the right qualifications:

He was a Bridsh Armee squaddie who actually experienced combat;
He's a "normal" geezer, no side or cant to him;
He genuinely cares about folks;
He's starred in so many war films and was always totally convincing.

Maybe we should ask him what he thinks about having such an "'onna" bestowed upon him. Perhaps the COs could put a tentative foot in the water there.

Just a thought.

MsG

Bugsy said:
fairycakes said:
If ARRSE decides we require a Colonel-in-Chief he would get my nomination.
Now that's not a bad idea at all! I wonder if we could get some sort of consensus on whether Sir Michael Caine should be the honorary "Colonel-in-Chief of ARRSE". He's got all the right qualifications:

He was a Bridsh Armee squaddie who actually experienced combat;
He's a "normal" geezer, no side or cant to him;
He genuinely cares about folks;
He's starred in so many war films and was always totally convincing.

Maybe we should ask him what he thinks about having such an "'onna" bestowed upon him. Perhaps the COs could put a tentative foot in the water there.

Just a thought.

MsG
And he been filmed in drag. What more do we need.

He get's my vote!!

He saw them Zulus off - no danger!

fozzy said:
PraetorianMonkey said:
He get's my vote!!
And Mine

So Sir Michael Is Colonel in Chief (ARRSE)

Can we have Clarkson as Honoury Colonel?
Sir Michael for Colonel in Chief of ARRSE? Where do I put my X? 8) :D

Clarkson as 2iC has it's merits, but I fear he will be too busy as the first ARRSE PM following the glorious Revolution... :twisted:

Bugsy said:

Just a thought.MsG
Tentative foot in the water,Or we could just blow his bloody doors off.

My favourite has to be of him playing Bromhead... 8)

If anyone can contact him, maybe the offer of an ARRSE Challenge Coin can tempt him in :lol:

"In wrecking the stores in my wagon, the Zulus had brought to light a forgotten bottle of beer, and Bromhead and I drank it with mutual congratulations on having come safely out of so much danger."

Lt John Rouse Merriott Chard VC (Royal Engineers)

If SMC gets that post, then JC needs to have an equal one surely? H4H and all that?

Forget actually serving, JC does speak the same language as most of us (veggie, PC aside)

Joint chiefs of staff??

just a thought.

I'd vote for Sir Michael Caine too.