Sir I have no blank rounds or pyrotechnics in possesion

Z

Zarathustra

Either some dozy fucker lost 6 mags worth of ammo while on ex or someone thought they could ditch them to save a bit of weight. I know which my money would be on.

From the looks of the picture it was still boxed and bagged. Oh, the joys of the midnight ammo replen.

I can remember doing a two-week exercise up there once...

Mind you, I was still carrying a small metal gun

And thinking about it, it was about 18 years ago (time flies...)

"My son was with me and he was terrified."-

Buddy, have your son HTFU he sounds like a Knob Gobbler

"Sir. I have no blank rounds, empty cases, pyrotechnics or parts thereof in my possesion sir"

they're over there in that bush.

"Well done lad, save me filling more paperwork. Now where's my FFE pad"

Hmmm...feel sorry for the civvy that found them..is not possesion of firearms/ammo an absolute offence, seem to recall some bloke finding a firearm, handing it in and being charged with possesion..????..could be wrong....

BlueDanubeWalt said:
Hmmm...feel sorry for the civvy that found them..is not possesion of firearms/ammo an absolute offence, seem to recall some bloke finding a firearm, handing it in and being charged with possesion..????..could be wrong....
Dont make me mad with your stupidity.

Robert_Da_Hero said:
BlueDanubeWalt said:
What part of 'could be wrong' don't you understand knobber..!!

Well more ammo than the ACF get for a bloody exercise. :L

And blanks do not count as ammunition in civvi law.
The can be bought without a firearms licence. So, youre pretty safe picking them up outside military controlled areas?

sid101 said:

The can be bought without a firearms licence. So, youre pretty safe picking them up outside military controlled areas?
Thanks for the info.. :)

The spokesman said:
"Because they were blank, there was never any danger to the public. There is no way they can be used in any way that can be dangerous to the public.
Oh fucking really? No chance of some little chav taking them apart for the propellent or anything like that then?

His son does sound a complete pansy though

Why the hell do you need to be scared? What a hermer!

Somebody is in the poo, no doubt they are tracing the batch number etc.

I have no rockets in my pockets, shermulies in my goolies or wombats in my combat SAAARR!

BlueDanubeWalt said:
sid101 said:

Yes and take that info and shove as far into that dense cranium of yours as you can. And dont call me a knobber. caant.

Robert_Da_Hero said:
BlueDanubeWalt said:
sid101 said:

Yes and take that info and shove as far into that dense cranium of yours as you can. And dont call me a knobber. caant.
:D ..bite

Surprised they never turned up on Ebay - SAS training ammo

BlueDanubeWalt said:
Robert_Da_Hero said:
BlueDanubeWalt said:
What part of 'could be wrong' don't you understand knobber..!!
The particular case you're referring to was discussed at length here.

With reference to PL's comment about 'why do you need to be scared?', from reading the whole statement in context, it doesn't appear that he was afraid of the rounds themselves, but rather the long arm of the law:
'He wanted to leave them there and thought we would land in all sorts of trouble'

The bit that gets me is this:

"You would have thought that there would have been more of a check kept on how many rounds were fired even though they were blanks," he said.

along with

"There's a sandy beach near here that attracts a bit of a hooligan element. If somebody had found these boxes and decided to have a bit of fun with them, it could have had serious consequences, so that disturbed me."

While I doubt it would ever become a case of, "Alright boys and girls, everyone back in extended line, we're going back through the route you took for your assault to emu bob for brass. Don't miss anything!", it worries me that a member of the general public would, as a matter of course, see a causal link between some lost ammo and a hooligan blowing their fingers off accidently by fecking about with it.