Sir Alex Ferguson presents Afghanistan medals

Ministry of Defence said:
Soldiers from the Royal Welsh regiment were presented with Afghanistan campaign medals by Sir Alex Ferguson at Chester Racecourse yesterday.

More...

Unbelievable.
Would you really want your husband/wife/son/daughter coming home from six months of risking life/limb and sanity in Afghanistan to be presented with a medal from a celebrity?

Alex Ferguson a celebrity ?? is he in the jungle next year??

No you wouldn't want a celeb saying 'well done wee man heres ya pin' !! and I'm surpised he didnt slip a couple of tickets in there to watch City get gubbed at the weekend.

who next Holly Willabooby

Medal presentations are not for civvies just like chocolate!!!

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
He is a Knight of the Realm.

Doesn't make it any better though.

Was Prince Edward not available? He could have worn his Vice Admiral of HM Coast Guards uniform.

Well it could of been worse, Rooney could have turned up, then **** knows where he would have pinned the medal given his performance in front of goal this year.

Wonder who's bright idea that was.

Well I suppose at least they had a presentation, I got my GSM NI a little box from the Company clerk.
I'd like to bet any City fans would have preferred that! ;-)

Was Prince Edward not available? He could have worn his Vice Admiral of HM Coast Guards uniform.
Well, working on the principle that someone has to hand over a medal, I'd rather get it from someone interesting like Ferguson than Prince Edward. Can't see what the fuss is about. I wonder what the boys thought?

If you absolutely hated ManU, would you be able to refuse to accept the medal from him?

Can't stand the man personally, but have to give him credit for the fact that he did at least step forward and give up his time to do it.
The tone of previous postings sums it up for me though; there is just something wrong about getting a celebrity to present medals.
What next? Maybe they can televise the next medal presentation, get Holly Willoughby to present it as a special episode of "Surprise Surprise".

What next? Maybe they can televise the next medal presentation
They have an event similar, the piece of sh*t is called the Millies run by some rag that I wouldn't wipe my ARRSE on. And as for Fergie presenting me a medal. I would be sick that day :) but like the Murpheys... ^~