Sir Alex Ferguson presents Afghanistan medals

Discussion in 'MoD News' started by MoD_RSS, Dec 7, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. Unbelievable.
    Would you really want your husband/wife/son/daughter coming home from six months of risking life/limb and sanity in Afghanistan to be presented with a medal from a celebrity?

3. Alex Ferguson a celebrity ?? is he in the jungle next year??

No you wouldn't want a celeb saying 'well done wee man heres ya pin' !! and I'm surpised he didnt slip a couple of tickets in there to watch City get gubbed at the weekend.

who next Holly Willabooby

Medal presentations are not for civvies just like chocolate!!!

4. Probably just shows how far we've come...........NOT!

5. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

He is a Knight of the Realm.

Doesn't make it any better though.

6. Was Prince Edward not available? He could have worn his Vice Admiral of HM Coast Guards uniform.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Did see this and wonder what on earth was going on, it will be Simon Cowell next God forbid!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Well it could of been worse, Rooney could have turned up, then **** knows where he would have pinned the medal given his performance in front of goal this year.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Could be amusing if Beckham started sticking them on.

10. Wonder who's bright idea that was.

11. Well I suppose at least they had a presentation, I got my GSM NI a little box from the Company clerk.

• Like Like x 2
  12. I'd like to bet any City fans would have preferred that! ;-)

13. Well, working on the principle that someone has to hand over a medal, I'd rather get it from someone interesting like Ferguson than Prince Edward. Can't see what the fuss is about. I wonder what the boys thought?

14. If you absolutely hated ManU, would you be able to refuse to accept the medal from him?

15. Alex + ferguson = ****, id rather be given a medal by an AGC clerk