Sip - sap

Discussion in 'Armed Forces Pension Scheme' started by thegfunk, Jan 9, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Evening all,

I was MD'd 6 months ago and wondered how long it took to go from SIP to SAP... I have had an out of court settlement and SPVA have sent me letters confirming my injury was due to my Army service.....

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

2. I'm still waiting 12 months later.

• Like Like x 1
  3. After being passed from Xfinity to JPAC to Norcross and getting a few call backs things are a bit more clear.

If you have an appeal awaiting your SIP will not change to a SAP even if you have letters from Norcross stating that your injuries are confirmed as being from your service. In addition, even if you have court settlements confirming injuries were attributable to your service the computer says no.....

Once any appeal is decided your SIP will change to a SAP dependent on outcome or if you have any documentation that states that your service caused your injuries....

EScotia, you should be getting SAP mate.....

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

4. Thanks tgf, as I won my AFCS tribunal in Nov and Norcross have recently confirmed they will not challenge the tribunals decision, I'm now waiting for them to make a decision on tariff which should be by the end of the month. Hopefully they will be fair and it gets sorted quickly.

At that point they will inform Pensions at Glasgow who will amend my pension to tax free status and the tax man pays me a years tax back.

I'm not expecting much success if any at my War Pensions tribunal as the Law has been amended over time to make it possible to challenge decisions but also to make it more difficult for tribunals to overturn decisions made by WP/DWP! As for the change in the Law regarding hearing, it truly is an ass!

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1