• Absolutely

Votes: 42 37.8%
  • Oh definitely

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Without a doubt

Votes: 76 68.5%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
There is a home made ASP you can build from garden hose, a couple of swages, couple of heavy nuts and two bits of steel cable.

It is, in fact, a little nastier than your standard ASP.

How it would be viewed in the UK may be a little problematic though.
Link to instructions? Asking for a friend of course!

Haven't seen them anywhere. Just built a couple in my youth to play about with.

Bad Smell

Clanker
There is a home made ASP you can build from garden hose, a couple of swages, couple of heavy nuts and two bits of steel cable.

Now that is gonna hurt.

I once used an ASP on some clowns head and took off half his ear. Lots of blood as expected. If I had one of those little jobbies I would have put a large dent in his head. Undertaker and not ambulance I would expect. Hmmm.

Your job always was on the 'front line' of everyday society.
Right now I would say you are playing a crucial role in protecting the orderly distribution of foodstuff, while protecting people from the actions of mongs.

You know that police cannot protect you in the current situation - by the time they turn up, your problem will have entered your 2m safety zone.

My suggestion would be to carry a pick helve.
Anyone coming within swing range of that is within 2m, and your body cam will prove they came at you, not you at them.

( Post all the good bits on here )

Not retail anymore, work in a hospital. Which despite being a kids hospital seems to attract drunks or gangs of local teens (free wifi, bogs, costa) wandering in from the park.

Then theres scum wandering in to steal anything not nailed down.
Angry parents for numerous reasons.
At the moment we are having fun with a limit on visitors, but before covid19 this was a issue especially in A&E.
Certain groups like travellers and Romanians if they have a sick/injured kid will involve entire clans turning up. Recently had 40+ mostly adult males turn up. They either can't or won't understand that only parents need attend with the patient.
Had to have police attend to help remove them from waiting room.
They then try and take over the restaurant and social areas.
It can go on for days if the kids admitted.
We have to go softly softly to deal with them.

Not retail anymore, work in a hospital. Which despite being a kids hospital seems to attract drunks or gangs of local teens (free wifi, bogs, costa) wandering in from the park.

At the moment we are having fun with a limit on visitors, but before covid19 this was a issue especially in A&E.
Certain groups like travellers and Romanians if they have a sick/injured kid will involve entire clans turning up. Recently had 40+ mostly adult males turn up. They either can't or won't understand that only parents need attend with the patient.
Your last line sums up precisely why we have the problems described.

Giving special consideration to 'minority groups' is taken advantage of, and misused.

Laws and attitudes need to change.
Maybe this big dose of reality we are experiencing, will be a catalyst for it.

Have you considered getting someone in from the DWP and Border Force to check them out. That should get rid quickly.

Your last line sums up precisely why we have the problems described.

Giving special consideration to 'minority groups' is taken advantage of, and misused.

Laws and attitudes need to change.
Maybe this big dose of reality we are experiencing, will be a catalyst for it.
The laws (for the most part) already exist.

It's the application and prosecution of those laws that is wanting.

Softly softly you say....

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
Same here, hospital has provided nothing. Our company is the same.
All we get is wash hand and keep distance.
Luckily we have "sourced" our own.
Well the team is mostly scouse.

No one has explained how we remove people from site and keep our distance.
Shopping trolley from behind
then a shove downhill !!

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer

I was told that 2 metres of 1.5 three core SWA cable has a nice action to it

I was told that 2 metres of 1.5 three core SWA cable has a nice action to it
This particular design around 12 - 14 inches, extending to about 20 - 22 with a double whippy bit with weighted ends. Bit like a flail.

As said, UK plod will probably have a little squeak about it.

If you're working where I think you are then there's a Sainsbury's opposite the helipad, you'll need a pound for the trolly mind, can't help with the hill though.

Spot on and Joshua can fùck off if I am pushing a trolly uphill to prescot just to turn round and push them back.

Same here, hospital has provided nothing. Our company is the same.
All we get is wash hand and keep distance.
Luckily we have "sourced" our own.
Well the team is mostly scouse.

No one has explained how we remove people from site and keep our distance.
Pitchforks?

Would it be a well known hospital? On, perhaps, Merseyside?

Yokel

LE
Surely people would be keep away from hospitals right now? Why would anyone go to one without good cause? They are frightening reminders of our mortality and the number of things that can go wrong.

My local major hospital has a dedicated Police presence as well as CCTV and security guards.

Last edited:

Latest Threads