Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Without a doubt

Votes: 76 68.5%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
At work today, to set the story so far, my office is undergoing a major refit including the building of a new external building to house 3 new lift shafts. During the past week since lockdown, all of the external signage has been scrawled over by persons unknown, they're very careful to hide from the CCTV cameras (it's always happened at night), the graffiti has consisted of the phrases "plague spreaders", "shut this site" and "save the NHS". Every day this has been cleaned off. Yesterday, the actions of this person took a turn for the more extreme, throwing of eggs and glass bottles from the balcony of her flat, at the workers arriving on site , who are using all of the social distancing rules, 2 metres apart, sitting at separate tables for lunch etc, police were called, flat pointed out and they took no action although there was video evidence. Anyhow, today, I took a walk around the building whilst having a smoke and caught her red-handed graffing the signage, shouted a challenge and she went all paranoid saying "stay away from me, you're full of disease" amongst others. I managed to get a pic of her and alert all responsible persons by email with a copy of the pic attached as well as report the vandalism and get a call reference and crime number. Hour later, it turns out she'd been on the phone to my company saying that I'd chased her around the roads and illegally taken her photo (which I told her I was taking as evidence to give to the police) and the fact that she's traumatised by having a 6'2" bloke giving her grief (caught her in the act of scrawling on the signage). I'm now awaiting calls from senior management asking for a statement of my actions which is already written and with accompanying video of the whole incident.

"it turns out she'd been on the phone to my company saying that I'd chased her around the roads and illegally taken her photo"

Might be worth noting there's no expectation of privacy in a public place, therefore photographing her was not illegal - unless of course it was an upskirt...

At work today, to set the story so far, my office is undergoing a major refit including the building of a new external building to house 3 new lift shafts. During the past week since lockdown, all of the external signage has been scrawled over by persons unknown, they're very careful to hide from the CCTV cameras (it's always happened at night), the graffiti has consisted of the phrases "plague spreaders", "shut this site" and "save the NHS". Every day this has been cleaned off. Yesterday, the actions of this person took a turn for the more extreme, throwing of eggs and glass bottles from the balcony of her flat, at the workers arriving on site , who are using all of the social distancing rules, 2 metres apart, sitting at separate tables for lunch etc, police were called, flat pointed out and they took no action although there was video evidence. Anyhow, today, I took a walk around the building whilst having a smoke and caught her red-handed graffing the signage, shouted a challenge and she went all paranoid saying "stay away from me, you're full of disease" amongst others. I managed to get a pic of her and alert all responsible persons by email with a copy of the pic attached as well as report the vandalism and get a call reference and crime number. Hour later, it turns out she'd been on the phone to my company saying that I'd chased her around the roads and illegally taken her photo (which I told her I was taking as evidence to give to the police) and the fact that she's traumatised by having a 6'2" bloke giving her grief (caught her in the act of scrawling on the signage). I'm now awaiting calls from senior management asking for a statement of my actions which is already written and with accompanying video of the whole incident.
you not any deep hole cement pours due,yet.

BopBopBop

War Hero
Send her the bill to clean or replace the sign or claim those costs at court if it ever gets that far.

But I think the scumbags these days can be caught causing a couple of thousands pounds worth of criminal damage and just be issued with an £80 FPN.
If they ever pay that the fine it will just go into the system and not the victim.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Send her the bill to clean or replace the sign or claim those costs at court if it ever gets that far.

But I think the scumbags these days can be caught causing a couple of thousands pounds worth of criminal damage and just be issued with an £80 FPN.
If they ever pay that the fine it will just go into the system and not the victim.
I don't think teh OB are really interested, made the call to 101 @09:00, they said the nearest station would ring back, 12:35, radio silence.

Kirkz

LE
My Bold - She doesn't seem that bothered about the plague you're all spreading enough to keep her from entering the building and stop her from isolating herself from it the moronic fucking fuck musket.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
My Bold - She doesn't seem that bothered about the plague you're all spreading enough to keep her from entering the building and stop her from isolating herself from it the moronic ******* **** musket.
Always we can rely on @Kirkz for an accurate summary of a situation xx

You absolute bounder and plague carrier, scaring the poor woman.

Posted while making the unclean cross sign.

BopBopBop

War Hero
I don't think teh OB are really interested, made the call to 101 @09:00, they said the nearest station would ring back, 12:35, radio silence.
If they do call back remember to complain she could contaminate your site and put your workers at risk.

Might be worth noting there's no expectation of privacy in a public place, therefore photographing her was not illegal - unless of course it was an upskirt...
And of course if she has impressive norks, post photos or it didn't happen

Dunno about down there but my area, any criminal damage that’s not ongoing gets sent to force crime management unit and an investigator will call back within 24hours and give crime number etc. Anything covid related will be xref’d with a running covid “tension log”. Number of calls appears to have actually increased, as people are stuck in their houses, over-thinking and often drinking, covid provides an excellent opportunity to settle old scores “neighbours are playing loud music” - normally told not a police matter- phone council...becomes “neighbours are having a party and guests are in and out of the house”.
”group of youths on my street, one just spat on my car door”
”my ex just threatened to come and lick my door handle”

you could always make a counter allegation against her...women from flats breaching lockdown and putting essential workers at risk.
Was she wearing a hard hat?!

Yokel

LE
It is disappointing to hear that people act in such irresponsible ways. Can this woman be reported for licking windows? Trespassing? Discriminating against you for your height? Being outside for non essential purposes?

A crisis, not unlike drink, brings the true nature of people to the fore. Some are altruistic and want to help others, others are anxious, some try to carry on as best they can, and some just need a good slap.

Latest Threads