Sinn Fein on intelligence and security committee!!!!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Mad_Moriarty, Oct 13, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It sounds crazy but this is a proposal that the Labour Government are thinking about.

quote : On the future role of MI5 in intelligence gathering, it is understood the government is suggesting Northern Ireland MPs might be appointed to the Westminster intelligence and security committee in order to oversee the security service.

Whilst Big Ian and Gerald are at a devolution stalemate, It's looking like the Northern Ireland Assembley may be put into cold storage forever and direct rule from London continues.
  2. Well, in order to get onto any Westminster Committees the five Sinn Fein MP's (Adams, McGuinness, Conor Murphy, Michelle Gildernew and Pat Doherty) would have to formally take up their seats. To do this they would need to take the oath of allegiance - which they will not do as it is de facto recognition of the British Governments right to rule over Northern Ireland and therefore the partition of Ireland, something that Sinn Fein is implacably opposed to.

DUP, UUP and SDLP MP's - maybe, but I think that you are making too big a leap of faith on this one.
  3. It was interesting to see a small white bearded figure behind Adams at Saint Andrews. Martin Ferris, the Sinn Fein TD for for Kerry North.

Ferris was convicted and served 10 years for his involvement in the attempted importation of arms from the United States.
  4. Feck! That means they'll get access to information that will get me shot!!
  5. Don't even get me started on this! Gerry "Prison Officer Murderer" Kelly is their f***ing spokesman on Policing!!!!!
  6. Also in the picture was Mary Lou McDonald, though only about half of her face could be seen most of the time on the BBC. Note that she was in the front row next too Adams. Mary Lou is standing in the Dublin Central seat for Sinn Fein in the Irish General Election. She is a rising star within Sinn Fein and her prescence on that particular photo opportunity should not be ignored.
  7. For those who are interested in the world according to Sinn Fein....

Be aware that Gerry and his mates believe their own propoganda.
  8. Right you DIS and Security Service types. I know you're here - let us know this is utter tosh, please.

Or else we'll just assume the worst and blame you anyway. Tom - looking at you here.... :D
  9. SF would never bite even if it were true.

If they all of a sudden decided to take up these positions, it wouldnt exactly be rocket science to wonder why!

Nah too obvious, besides Messrs Adams and McGuiness dont want to come across too much like servants of the Crown.