Sinn Fein Mayor replaces Royal portrait with 1916 Proclamation

The Queen is welcomed in the Republic of Ireland, but the new Lord Mayor doesn't want her portrait, our any Royal portrait in his "All Inclusive Office"

The Lord Mayor said: "The changes I have made create a shared and inclusive space. It is a space which those visiting the parlour can relax in and see their cultural identity reflected."
I think he needs to look up the meaning of the word "inclusive"
This is typical of Sinn Fein, they are all for a shared future together, as long as it's their version of the future.

Read more: Sinn Fein Mayor replaces Royal portrait with 1916 Proclamation - Northern Ireland, Local & National - Belfasttelegraph.co.uk

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Couldn't care less. Next ones in will shift it and stick something else up. Although I don't see the point of hanging a daily reminder of abject failure on the wall.
We are no closer now than we were then to a united Ireland. As for a free Ireland all it has done, through greed and stupidity is swap a membership of the British Empire for a European one............and it owes them stacks of money.

I wonder will they get the tri-colour to fly from the City Hall. Never mind a protest to get the RIR homecoming parade past the city hall, the ******* city hall would get torn down.

What a load of waffle to be honest.
Poblacht na h Éireann.

The Provisional Government
of the
Irish Republic
To the people of Ireland.

IRISHMEN AND IRISHWOMEN: In the name of God and of the dead generations from which she receives her old tradition of nationhood, Ireland, through us, summons her children to her flag and strikes for her freedom.

Having organised and trained her manhood through her secret revolutionary organisation, the Irish Republican Brotherhood, and through her open military organisations, the Irish Volunteers and the Irish Citizen Army, having patiently perfected her discipline, having resolutely waited for the right moment to reveal itself, she now seizes that moment, and, supported by her exiled children in America and by gallant allies in Europe, but relying in the first on her own strength, she strikes in full confidence of victory.

We declare the right of the people of Ireland to the ownership of Ireland, and to the unfettered control of Irish destinies, to be sovereign and indefeasible. The long usurpation of that right by a foreign people and government has not extinguished the right, nor can it ever be extinguished except by the destruction of the Irish people. In every generation the Irish people have asserted their right to national freedom and sovereignty: six times during the past three hundred years[2] they have asserted it in arms. Standing on that fundamental right and again asserting it in arms in the face of the world, we hereby proclaim the Irish Republic as a Sovereign Independent State, and we pledge our lives and the lives of our comrades-in-arms to the cause of its freedom, of its welfare, and its exaltation among the nations.

The Irish Republic is entitled to, and hereby claims, the allegiance of every Irishman and Irishwoman. The Republic guarantees religious and civil liberty, equal rights and equal opportunities to all its citizens, and declares its resolve to pursue the happiness and prosperity of the whole nation and of all its parts, cherishing all the children of the nation equally, and oblivious of the differences carefully fostered by an alien government, which have divided a minority from the majority in the past.

Until our arms have brought the opportune moment for the establishment of a permanent National Government, representative of the whole people of Ireland and elected by the suffrages of all her men and women, the Provisional Government, hereby constituted, will administer the civil and military affairs of the Republic in trust for the people.

We place the cause of the Irish Republic under the protection of the Most High God, Whose blessing we invoke upon our arms, and we pray that no one who serves that cause will dishonour it by cowardice, inhumanity, or rapine. In this supreme hour the Irish nation must, by its valour and discipline and by the readiness of its children to sacrifice themselves for the common good, prove itself worthy of the august destiny to which it is called.
All that stuff about freedom and cherishing and the bowsies let the Magdalene homes imprison and abuse women and children for years.

Well what did you expect........this is a non story.

Dog bites man, not a story. Man bites dog, now there is story.

Well what did you expect........this is a non story.

Dog bites man, not a story. Man bites dog, now there is story.
As you say sadly this sort of pettiness seems to still be all too common in the ********* on both sides, this little twat no doubt thinks he's well and truly stuck it to the Queen, I'm sure she's absolutely heartbroken.

He's Sinn Fein. What did anybody expect? It make's no difference to anything. He's still an elected official who by law has to provide representation to all of his electors regardless of who they are or what they believe in.

As you say sadly this sort of pettiness seems to still be all too common in the ********* on both sides, this little twat no doubt thinks he's well and truly stuck it to the Queen, I'm sure she's absolutely heartbroken.
And that little twat just happens to represent me on the council. Stinking dirty specky Irish wannabe wee bastard... ohh did I mention his Da's a ****** too.

I think the recent state visit shows what the irish people really think about HMQ, I suspect shes more worried about if the carpets need shampooing

Perhaps his worship should just put up a framed piccy of one of his skid marks for all his shinny worshipers to kowtow to.

God Save The Queen

And that little twat just happens to represent me on the council. Stinking dirty specky Irish wannabe wee bastard... ohh did I mention his Da's a ****** too.

I`m sure he`s really worried what you think of him or his mob........not.

It probably makes him feel he's still fighting for the cause, I expect HM will not be bothered by it at all.

Off thread, though slightly similar, when emperor Hirohito visited Britain for the first time after the war in the 70s, my ma worked for the British Council, they put out a rising sun flag for him off one of the poles mounted on the side of the building, the old bloke whose job it was to do such things came into ma's office to stick it on the pole, having been a Jap POW, he said to ma; 'I have to do it but I don't have to like it.'

The flag was left about ten inches from the end of the pole, nobody but he and my mum would have noticed, it was only because she told me that I knew. A little act of defiance which hurt no one but made an old man very happy.

English disdain, you can't beat it.

Latest Threads