Sinn Fein Mayor replaces Royal portrait with 1916 Proclamation

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by HHH, Jun 10, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. HHH

HHH LE

The Queen is welcomed in the Republic of Ireland, but the new Lord Mayor doesn't want her portrait, our any Royal portrait in his "All Inclusive Office"

I think he needs to look up the meaning of the word "inclusive"
    This is typical of Sinn Fein, they are all for a shared future together, as long as it's their version of the future.

Read more: Sinn Fein Mayor replaces Royal portrait with 1916 Proclamation - Northern Ireland, Local & National -
  2. why are they letting these terrorists stand for election in anything
  3. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

Couldn't care less. Next ones in will shift it and stick something else up. Although I don't see the point of hanging a daily reminder of abject failure on the wall.
    We are no closer now than we were then to a united Ireland. As for a free Ireland all it has done, through greed and stupidity is swap a membership of the British Empire for a European one............and it owes them stacks of money.
  4. I wonder will they get the tri-colour to fly from the City Hall. Never mind a protest to get the RIR homecoming parade past the city hall, the ******* city hall would get torn down.
  5. What a load of waffle to be honest.
    All that stuff about freedom and cherishing and the bowsies let the Magdalene homes imprison and abuse women and children for years.
  6. Well what did you expect........this is a non story.

Dog bites man, not a story. Man bites dog, now there is story.
  7. As you say sadly this sort of pettiness seems to still be all too common in the ********* on both sides, this little twat no doubt thinks he's well and truly stuck it to the Queen, I'm sure she's absolutely heartbroken.
  8. He's Sinn Fein. What did anybody expect? It make's no difference to anything. He's still an elected official who by law has to provide representation to all of his electors regardless of who they are or what they believe in.
  9. And that little twat just happens to represent me on the council. Stinking dirty specky Irish wannabe wee bastard... ohh did I mention his Da's a ****** too.
  10. I think the recent state visit shows what the irish people really think about HMQ, I suspect shes more worried about if the carpets need shampooing
  11. Perhaps his worship should just put up a framed piccy of one of his skid marks for all his shinny worshipers to kowtow to.

God Save The Queen

12. I`m sure he`s really worried what you think of him or his mob........not.
  13. It probably makes him feel he's still fighting for the cause, I expect HM will not be bothered by it at all.

Off thread, though slightly similar, when emperor Hirohito visited Britain for the first time after the war in the 70s, my ma worked for the British Council, they put out a rising sun flag for him off one of the poles mounted on the side of the building, the old bloke whose job it was to do such things came into ma's office to stick it on the pole, having been a Jap POW, he said to ma; 'I have to do it but I don't have to like it.'

The flag was left about ten inches from the end of the pole, nobody but he and my mum would have noticed, it was only because she told me that I knew. A little act of defiance which hurt no one but made an old man very happy.

English disdain, you can't beat it.