Sinn Fein Man Held Over 1972 Blast

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by MOD_Oracle, Nov 30, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Nothing will be done about it though, in the interest of peace they will investigate till the end and put it to bed.
    Under the Good Friday agreement, all the murderers are getting off lightly. Not like the Soldiers that now face investigation.
    That’s New Labours way of getting peace though.

2. How the hell does the peace proccess and all thats in it mean that this man should be released forthwith? Surely justice must prevail. Mr A*ams ( I will not say or type his name nor is he ever on my TV screen as we, yes all my family, switch the tv over if he or any of his murdering cronies are ever on it) seems to think that the peace agreement means that all the murderers hiding in his party should walk free to maintain the proccess. Poor show.

Cheer up chaps its time for some Jolly Japes.

FRG20

3. Surely justice must prevail. Mr A*ams LOLOLOLOLOLOL

This so called process is being run by scum Blair and his surrender monkey Hain, remember he has always been a supporter of the enemy both CND and Irish republicanism

This process has nothing to do with justice at all - if it was A and McG would be rotting away in prison where they belong, but no they are allowed to run for the Parliament that they despise and murdered people in, and their mates are laughing on the streets having got away with mass murder.

Blair has given in on every occassion that he can and he will continue to do so, while at the same time stabbing every soldier and loyal British citizen he can in the back.

So much for being a representative of the British people, IRA/SF do not need to take their seats in Parliament when they have Blair and Hain in there to do their dirty work for them.

4. Surely justice must prevail. Mr A*ams LOLOLOLOLOLOL

This so called process is being run by scum Blair and his surrender monkey Hain, remember he has always been a supporter of the enemy both CND and Irish republicanism

This process has nothing to do with justice at all - if it was A and McG would be rotting away in prison where they belong, but no they are allowed to run for the Parliament that they despise and murdered people in, and their mates are laughing on the streets having got away with mass murder.

Blair has given in on every occassion that he can and he will continue to do so, while at the same time stabbing every soldier and loyal British citizen he can in the back.

So much for being a representative of the British people, IRA/SF do not need to take their seats in Parliament when they have Blair and Hain in there to do their dirty work for them.

5. My sister-in-laws grandmother was killed in that blast so I hope they string the murdering c-nuts up by thier fingernails and set fire to the murdering f*****rs

6. Unfortunatly he will be let go with a cheque for the stress caused by having a guilty consicense :x .And adams wont be happy
    to everyone who wasen't in a asu who ever wore camo let alone served has either been dragged through the courts or made to aplogise to the Irish people for being an oppresor .
    But at least no more bombs or killings are there so its worth it ? sarcasm.

7. There's always been more than a little suspicion about MacG*'s precise role in this atrocity. Let's hope that the Police are allowed by the politicians to carry it through to an establishment of the truth, unhindered by any political pressure - which A*ams has now tried to apply.

8. As I said on another thread, MMG was the Derry "Brigade" commander. (his brigade probably had about 4 ASU's and around 50 backups). Any ASU wanting to carry out an operation had to have it sanctioned by him first - unless he and his cronies had actually come up with the idea themselves).

He knows who did it, he sanctioned it but he will never admit it.

Adams was his opposite number in Belfast and they were both on the PIRA "Army Council".

9. What is the point in locking him up then?

If we are just going to let every murdering b*stard with blood on their hands go free then we should not bother wasting money in a stupid PR exercise for the government!

10. I don't know how this is covered under the GFA. From what I do know there was to be an amnesty for prisoners from both sides but if someone is charged with a new offence then perhaps they can be processed properly through the justice system.

Am I right in thinking that Diplock Courts were done away with under the GFA because human rights groups alleged that convictions under that system were unsafe? That being the case he'll be tried by jury and PSF can't object to that. Of course they can always nobble the jury which is why we had Diplock in the first place.

A vicious fecking circle.

11. This is well known and well documented, but will TCB do anything about it? Will he feck!!!!! He is quite happy to negotiate with terrorists, where as Maggie wouldn't.

12. Maggie did know that MI6 were negotiating with them however. That too is well documented.

A lot of this is hard to swallow but if it leads to permanent peace then I won't protest. The people of Northern Ireland find this a lot harder than we do.

13. 'Permanent' peace is fine. Unpunished and unconfessed gangster/terrorists in Ministerial positions is not. Not in Northern Ireland, the rest of the United Kingdom, and as a number of the more energetic RoI politicians have made clear, not there either. I'm glad to see the widow of Garda McCabe is travelling to London to campaign against the obscene legislation on OTRs. Pity it won't do any good, though. Blair's is an unreceptive mind if there ever was one.

14. This current thread dovetails nicely with the 'Adams A for Amnesty' one on the Intelligence Cell.

With specific regard to the current issue of this Sinn Féin joker being held in relation over Claudy, I must cynically confess that I regard this as just so much window-dressing. Whilst I admire the PSNI for harrying the so-and-so, I fear that the political carpet will be pulled out from under them before anything meaningful comes of it. Adams blowing hot air over how all this undermines the 'Peace Process' is part of the fairly slick political thinking that has fuelled Sinn Féin's activities over the past decade - namely, anytime anything happens that doesn't suit 'the Republican Movement' down to the ground, cry foul and point to how it threatens the 'Peace Process'. Constant assertions of this kind on the part of Messieurs Adams & Co. are an insidious form of moral blackmail against the Irish people, North and South (but especially in the South, where Sinn Féin will probably be in government within a decade, unless an awful lot of people wake up very quickly). Unfortunately, once the Good Friday Agreement happened, and the electorates of the entire island ratified it, coupled with the continuance (such as it was) of the PIRA ceasefire, then the people of the island, and their political representatives were effectively 'locked-in' to the entire 'Peace Process', which, whatever else we may think of it, is very much a creature of Sinn Féin/PIRA, and is therefore theirs to do with as they will (at present, this involves portraying SF/PIRA as the moral guardians of the 'Peace Process').

Whilst I am not of the view that the PIRA 'won the war', I similarly do not subscribe to the view that they lost. However, I will say that SF/PIRA saw the writing on the wall by the early 90s, so they went political before they were defeated. That said, to even apply the language of 'winning' and 'losing' 'the war' to the PIRA is to demonstrate a misunderstanding of how those in the Republican Movement view themselves (which in their world is the only view that counts). Bear in mind that the Easter 1916 Rising was an outright military defeat for those whom SF/PIRA seek to portray themselves as the descendants of. Similarly, neither side could achieve a military victory during the War of Independence of 1919-22, the then IRA because of a lack of resources, the British because of a lack of time and because of imperial commitments elsewhere; there was also a growing sense of weariness with the whole 'Irish Question'...hence, the Anglo-Irish Treaty. One of the obvious reasons the PIRA adhered to terrorism as opposed to insurgency or classical guerilla tactics, was because they knew full well that the British Army would rapidly defeat them. Additionally, the environment in Northern Ireland did not lend itself to that sort of 'campiagn' - I might also add that a certain degree of courage is also required to mount an insurgency as opposed to pure terrorism. Therefore, terrorism as a tactic seeks to affect a moral, not military, outcome. It is aimed at public and political opinion.

Now however, the PIRA are a political tool that Sinn Féin will not so subtly refer to whenever they perceive a threat to the 'Peace Process'. Whilst the increasing effectiveness of British Army and RUC Special Branch operations against the PIRA - as evidenced by the Steaknife revelation - meant that militarily the PIRA was hamstrung by the early 90s, this fact has been effectively glossed over by Sinn Féin by a constant trumpeting of their involvement in the 'Peace Process. The PIRA were never going to win against the British Army, so they, through their 'little brother' Sinn Féin have shifted the focus of 'the struggle' into the political arena. They sense that the present British Government (and yes, the Irish Government too) is prepared to make pretty much any and every compromise to keep the 'Peace Process' going. The people of the island of Ireland by the 1990s were akin to a victim of longterm abuse - prepared to agree to any 'solution' offered them by their abuser. This is why we are in the present predicament. Sinn Féin/PIRA have changed tactics, but their extremist views, coupled with their political, cultural, and social aims remain the same.