Sinn Féin to form next Irish government?

I was once chatting to someone with slightly republican views on the United Ireland Vision... they had this idea of a dream utopia, spoilt slightly by my suggestion the British army should invade the south to make it united once more.
I remember when the 'Celtic Tiger' was in full swing and we were being told the ROI was second only to Japan in the standard of living.
Then reality kicked in and back on their arses they went. Negative equity everywhere. A 100 year experiment that's failed.

. No need for Army invasion.

I remember when the 'Celtic Tiger' was in full swing and we were being told the ROI was second only to Japan in the standard of living.
Then reality kicked in and back on their arses they went. Negative equity everywhere. A 100 year experiment that's failed.

. No need for Army invasion.
I have said before. 1922 was a good result for the UK. Think how much we would have been subsidising 26 counties if only 6 costs us 10 billion pounds a year. Though from 1973 until recently we were as good as doing that with all our payments to the EU.

If a United Ireland happens, Great Britain would rapidly lose interest in any thing that happens there. They would be more interested in Holland or Denmark, which would get the Irish whinging even more.

I remember the SNP droning on about how Scotland could copy the Irish economy if they were free from the rule of the nasty English.
They went quiet on the subject for some reason.

Given that Ireland shamelessly piggybacks on UK and others for its defence, you'd think the cheeky fxckers would make way for a sub.

Be different if the actually had a meaningful defence organisation.
Don't worry, they will soon be part of the EU Army. No opt-outs on this one. Panzer Grenadier Regiment 'Michael Collins'.

I remember the SNP droning on about how Scotland could copy the Irish economy if they were free from the rule of the nasty English.
They were going to copy Iceland as well. Just before the Icelandic economy tanked big time.

They were going to copy Iceland as well. Just before the Icelandic economy tanked big time.
I bet Norway is shitting itself now that the SNP have jinxed it.

I had some blue-faced hairy Nat telling me England will be financially doomed without Scotland, which it seems subsidises the whole UK heavily. Scotland will thrive on exports of power and water, plus of course oil, which is the fuel of the future.

30 seconds on duckduckgo, and apparently I'm a "flegger" for using facts to destroy his argument.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
And it very nearly says "arrse" on top.
that's got to be a goal if anyone was to go any sort of exchange... ;)

on a serious note, a friend in the south shocked me by telling me she'd voted SF at the last go around.

talking futher, apparently the other choices are regarded as so dismal and nepotistic in the extreme that SF actually look like a more viable alternative if anything is to change for the better in the south politically. this is a switched on lass with a sensible head on her shoulders as well - she has no illusions about them or their history.

on a serious note, a friend in the south shocked me by telling me she'd voted SF at the last go around.

talking futher, apparently the other choices are regarded as so dismal and nepotistic in the extreme that SF actually look like a more viable alternative if anything is to change for the better in the south politically. this is a switched on lass with a sensible head on her shoulders as well - she has no illusions about them or their history.
That’s the Irish for you, just look at the north, it’s a cesspool of nationalistic ideology from both sides.

Scotland is going the same way, under the snp.

Nothing good ever came of nationalism.

Thats what 20+ years of a very effective propaganda machine can achieve. The troubles are being erased as quickly as the scumbags can manage.

They have now cemented their classic position of shouting from the sidelines promising everyone everything on a whole island basis

Latest Threads