Sinn Féin to form next Irish government?

Classic bit of political irony the other week:

After attending a PSNI recruitment campaign, the SF MLA were complaining that they now have to check under their cars because they have received death threats from RD!

Classic bit of political irony the other week:

After attending a PSNI recruitment campaign, the SF MLA were complaining that they now have to check under their cars because they have received death threats from RD!
Dissidents then came out and said they were talking shit and simply electioneering.

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
isnt it inevitable that Ireland will be united at some juncture, as the republicans have the vote it wouldnt be too long before they could democraticly decide to join up ? e.g the majority rules to rejoin with some provisions for the unionist minority .Or is it too much to contemplate ?

isnt it inevitable that Ireland will be united at some juncture, as the republicans have the vote it wouldnt be too long before they could democraticly decide to join up ? e.g the majority rules to rejoin with some provisions for the unionist minority .Or is it too much to contemplate ?
Just because your Catholic doesn't mean your a Nationalist.

As we've seen the past few weeks with this Coronavirus malarky.. The UK has just plucked roughly 1 trillion quid out of fresh air if this lasts 6 months.. between the 330 million for business and upto 2.5k a month for PAYE and self employed workers.

Our future is best tied to London than Dublin.

Ireland has only really ever been united under British rule. Ireland always had a monarchy (Before and during the British rule) until the south fucked off.
The IRA are demanding something the Irish have never had.
If you lived in the south, would you want the money draining north with gangs like the UVF and UFF to join your country?

I thought Ireland was already united, under one Reich, one EU

was it advised or ordered?

this is international waters not territorial waters we are talking about
I'd like to know that as well. I saw a version of that report earlier but it didn't specify where it was apart from "60 miles" offshore (to my recall). There is a submarine excercise marked on charts to the west of Rathlin but is this where the incident took place?

I'd like to know that as well. I saw a version of that report earlier but it didn't specify where it was apart from "60 miles" offshore (to my recall). There is a submarine excercise marked on charts to the west of Rathlin but is this where the incident took place?
Doesn’t really matter where it was if 60 miles offshore that international waters.

the UK protocol is to warn a vessel that there is submarines operating in a particular area.

a responsible fisherman will avoid the area but U.K. protocol isn’t to order a vessel to leave the area as they have no power to do so

BopBopBop

War Hero
Or the trawler has sunk itself by exploding in strange circumstances, or does that not happen any more..?
Having caught the Brit submarine in its nets they will probably be fairly surprised when their boat is dragged backwards at an alarming rate then sunk without trace.

Sinn Fein would then moan their crew were not warned to keep clear of the area.

I was once chatting to someone with slightly republican views on the United Ireland Vision... they had this idea of a dream utopia, spoilt slightly by my suggestion the British army should invade the south to make it united once more.

I recall a letter to Practcal Boat Owner (ISTR) where the owner (and guests) of a ferro-cement yacht was cruising on the west coast of Scotland. They noticed a periscope in the distance. The scope continued to appear and reappear elswhere for a few hours. Eventually they twigged they were being used for dry run torpedo attacks. The skipper went below got out a big wrench and tapped and scrapped "BUGGER OFF" on the hull. Apparently they did just that.

EDIT Brackets

Last edited:

BopBopBop

War Hero
I recall a letter to Practcal Boat Owner (ISTR) where the owner and guests of a ferro-cement yacht was cruising on the west coast of Scotland. They noticed a periscope in the distance. The scope continued to appear and reappear elswhere for a few hours. Eventually they twigged they were being used for dry run torpedo attacks. The skipper went below got out a big wrench and tapped and scrapped "BUGGER OFF" on the hull. Apparently they did just that.
I think the Scotland - Ireland ferry captains get to see a few periscopes while they travel backwards and forwards.

My spotting scope is aimed out to sea and towards Islay but despite seeing 'US submarine' or 'Norwegian submarine' a few times on my ship finder app I've yet to see the sub or conning tower because of the poor visibility at the time.

Doesn’t really matter where it was if 60 miles offshore that international waters.

the UK protocol is to warn a vessel that there is submarines operating in a particular area.

a responsible fisherman will avoid the area but U.K. protocol isn’t to order a vessel to leave the area as they have no power to do so
Given that Ireland shamelessly piggybacks on UK and others for its defence, you'd think the cheeky fxckers would make way for a sub.

Be different if they actually had a meaningful defence organisation.

Last edited:
I was once chatting to someone with slightly republican views on the United Ireland Vision... they had this idea of a dream utopia, spoilt slightly by my suggestion the British army should invade the south to make it united once more.
I've been punting that idea on Twitter as the "Henry II Plan" but the historically illiterate confirmation bias paddy ******* get all upset.

Latest Threads