• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Sink

The sink in the new house is driving me bonkers. It sounds like some sort of stone, when it's wet it's black and shiny with a hint of glitter. When it's dry it's dull and dirty looking, it looks like someone has washed gloss brushes in it and theres patches of white soaked into it. I've cleaned it with all the usual kitchen cleaners but still only looks good when it's wet. Does anyone know what the sink is made of and what might clean it. Thanks for any replies

The sink in the new house is driving me bonkers. It sounds like some sort of stone, when it's wet it's black and shiny with a hint of glitter. When it's dry it's dull and dirty looking, it looks like someone has washed gloss brushes in it and theres patches of white soaked into it. I've cleaned it with all the usual kitchen cleaners but still only looks good when it's wet. Does anyone know what the sink is made of and what might clean it. Thanks for any replies
No, and no.

Clearly your sink has the gay.

Seriously however, does it look like a coating or is it perhaps something within the stone?

Sent via Heliograph from the Jebel Birkenhead

D

Davetheclown

Hmm could be slate then, that drys powdery and streaky, the flecks could be iron pyrites

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Your husband or son is pissing in it. Get a stainless steel one.

Just keep it wet?

Don't think it's Granite as it's got no shine unless it's wet
That sounds like granite. Granite is only shiny when it's highly polished - and no, you're not capable of highly polishing it.

When dry, it'll be a grey colour. It may have been shiny once - until some clot took a scourer to it.

You may be able to wax it - test on an inconspicuous part first. Google "granite wax".

That sounds like granite. Granite is only shiny when it's highly polished - and no, you're not capable of highly polishing it.

When dry, it'll be a grey colour. It may have been shiny once - until some clot took a scourer to it.

You may be able to wax it - test on an inconspicuous part first. Google "granite wax".
Thank you

Latest Threads