Single rooms for young singlies - a good idea?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by greylin, Oct 22, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've heard comments that accommodating young single soldiers in their own rooms is allowing them to shut themselves away from the other lads/lasses in the troop/platoon so they start dwelling on their problems alone instead of getting support from their muckers. Seems to be a worry for training establishments especially. Any truth in this? Is it causing a breakdown in the social life of the team?

2. .........trg establishments do not have single-man rooms for trainees. Who are you and what do you want?

3. aahhhhh you are from the papers.

go away

4. Yes they do

5. Not phase 1. Do they?????

6. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Wasn't a problem in Germany in 1986 why should it become a problem now?

7. Where is this info coming from? Rumour control? Journalistic licence? Which trg estb in particular? If you are a journ then go dig elsewhere. Arrant tosh. All of it.

8. At least they'd be able to have a wnak in peace! :D

9. Are you kidding me? CMSR now has single man rooms?

10. Arguments in favour of multiple occupant barrack rooms are generally made by people who are no longer in any danger of having to live in them.

11. Hear, hear! Or by those looking back with rose-tinted glasses.

12. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Oh yeah? And where did you hear these 'comments'?

Have any luck with your first question here on the ARRSE did you?

Primary source eh? Sorry, cant help. I could give you the primary source of MOD sales of surplus Milans to the Tamil Tigers, but thats not what you asked.

shit. Is this thing on?

13. Now if you'd asked about the French Government helping fund the Basque extremist group ETA??? That's a whole different story though.

14. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Why do they never ask if we had a Shoot to Kill policy in Nireland any more? The reply "No, we had a shoot to mildly tittilate policy" still creases me.

You just cant get the Journos these days, eh?

15. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Apart from the Falklands,training camps & transit blocks,all the rooms I had in the RAF were one man/woman/mong.*

*Delete as appropriate