Single released in aid of H4H and the Poppy Appeal!

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by MorpheusRising, Oct 1, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi All!

We've just announced the pre-release of our 2nd single, Fighting Man, which is being sold in aid of HELP for HEROES and the Poppy Appeal.

If you're interested in finding out more then please check out this thread.
  2. Is one of the guys the Welsh squaddie that was on 'X factor' the other year?
  3. Nope, they're called 'The Soldiers' and are releasing an album of cover versions much the same as the Robson and Greene album a few years back... He Ain't Heavy (He's My Brother), Coming Home, Stand By Me etc.

There's also an album of covers being released by a primary school in Hull apparently...

This release was written as a direct result of my serving in Afghanistan and elsewhere, as was An Ordinary Man which was released last year... We're doing all this without the backing of a major record label and hope to chart the week of Remembrance Day. There is a major PR campaign scheduled to start next week, but as I'm 'in' and use this forum (under a different user I might add!) I thought I'd post here first!
  4. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Cracking job. Good luck with the sales/donations.
  5. Ordinary Man was excellent so Good Luck with this one... sounds Very Good!

Is there a You Tube Vid with it on yet?
  6. Thanks for the comments on AOM!

The video will be available here from midnight tonight... it's a 'proper' music video as opposed to last years home made one, and it's under consideration for airplay on some TV channels... it's not as in your face as last years, being more of a commercial music video, but the point is made at the end, you'll just have to wait and see :)

Or, if you're lucky, you could try this link...
  7. Probably not by text :) But you should be able to get it from the website.

Any problems let me know!
  8. The single is now available to pre-order as follows:

Download available to pre-order direct from Ditto Music (

Pre-order by SMS:

Fighting Man (
    For PC download text ‘track 4067’ to 83262.
    For ‘direct to mobile’ download ‘track 4067 m’ to 83262.

An Ordinary Man (
    For PC download text ‘track 4068’ to 83262.
    For ‘direct to mobile’ download ‘track 4068 m’ to 83262.

I will advise as soon as the other pre-order sites are available such as iTunes etc, they historically take longer to process independent releases.

Also, the video is now live at: