Single Moving Allowance

Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by broadsword, Dec 25, 2002.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. 1.   Is it true that singlies now qualify for disturbance allowance?

2.   Is it true that as a singly you can now chose to move kit by hire van (paid for by the Army) instead of MFO on posting?  If so how do you go about doing it?

PS I know it is Christmas Day, but some of us are not in the UK!

2. I remember reading about that in Soldier.  Someone had written in with your question and got an answer from  PS10(A) I think.  Two guys left here 2 months ago and did the van removal option.  Speak to your pay office because there are conditions attached.  Aren't there always? :)

3. Yes, provided homes have been set up at a single soldier's own expense, soldiers have completed 3 yrs service and will do 6 months in the new location.

Yes I believe so when in the UK . . . provided you have completed 3 yrs service. Allowance is 6 cubic m.

Don't forget Disturbance Allowance as well if you are single and set up house yourself.

Speak to your Admin Office. They have all the details.

4. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Hmm from personal experience... the spk to your pay office option isn't always as effective as it should be!  Wouldn't it be great to have someone official available to answer these sort of queries.... and give detailed responses with references to the appropriate DCIs, AGAIs, etc.  Are any of our members in a position where they could suggest that to someone like AG??

5. I can confirm that singlies do get disturbance allowance on posting.  I am also a member of the AGC, so yes sometimes we can be helpful don't tar us all with the same brush.

6. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Chatbox,
    Please accept my apologies - that was not in any way meant to be a dig.  I have a great deal of respect for the AGC (obviously apart from the RMP - <g>) and in my last sub-unit the best soldier was a Pte clerk.  My point was that you guys are often extremely overworked and questions involving research into the depth of obscure regulations may not necessarily be perceived as being as important as the docs inspection, typing CRs and all the other stuff you get.  It would be far easier if someone official came online and provided the relevant detail for all to see and quote on claim forms!  Maybe even a link to AGAIs.....

7. Bad CO, you should jack the Army and become a diplomat, your skills are wasted ;D