Single mothers forced to give fathers name on birth certifi

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by singha61, Dec 10, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. from today´s Telegraph
    Single mothers will be forced to give the name of their child's father on birth certificates so that they can be made to pay maintenance, under a Government clampdown on the benefits culture.
    The move was unveiled in the Welfare Reform White Paper, designed to put tough new demands on everyone who claims from the state.

In the Commons, James Purnell, the Work and Pensions Secretary, said that in future "virtually everyone" claiming benefits would be either actively seeking work, or preparing to rejoin the job market.

Only the most severely disabled, their carers and the parents of infants would be exempt, with those who fail to abide by the rules being stripped of their benefits.
  2. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

About time too
    If couples undertake IVF treatment the father must sign a form stating he is the father and will be financially supportive of the sprog when it's born
    Alternatively they could just wait outside Jeremy Kyles' studio and greet the fathers with the forms once thay have passed the lie detector test
  3. I didn't realise only single mothers claimed benefit.

Some of the biggest sponging, lazy useless fckwits I have seen are two parent families.

I haven't heard anything yet as to what we are going to do about them, just more kickings for the single mums, again ffs.

Something like 58% of income supprt claims are under the "incapacity benefit" criteria, with the majority of claimants being men. Things like drug and alcohol dependency are valid criteria apparently for incapacity benefit.

Single mothers make up around 35% of income support claims and the majority of these women are aged between 25 - 44.

Of the 2.6m people claiming benefits in this country, single mothers make up less than a third of this figure. 57% of the UK's entire single mothers are also in employment.

Picking on the wrong ones again.
  4. Good - next step would be to tell them they are not entitled to a council house until the rent is paid by the father or they work.
  5. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Totally agree my mother was a single parent and we got by (without benifits)
    However to many blokes are dodging the issue If your old enough to give her one then your old enough to be responsible for the kid
  6. What if the chav slut doesn't know who the dad is?? Drunken shag in an alleyway in Magaluf?? Whats she going to put on the form? obviously she can say goodbye ti the dole money!
  7. I seem to remember this was the German system years ago. If she named the father, the Govt arranged to get money from him but supported the mother regardless of whether he paid or not. No name = no aid at all.
  8. Don't laugh too much, cos when she puts your name on the birth cert you cannot legally force her to have a paternity test (although I seem to recall that both parents have to go to the registrar to get both names on the cert!) So, it seems like gesture politics yet again!
  9. And under German law if you don't pay, you go to jail.
  10. They only have to name the father, Hows that picking on them? Why should the taxpayer cough up for their brats?
    Of the 2.6 million benefit claimants I bet single mothers make up a large chunk even if it is under a third. Now they just need to get the rest of them.
  11. Wrong, the CSA can get a court order for a DNA test if a named father disputes the claim for child support.

If the mother refuses, she gets fcuk all
  12. Not wrong-only IF SHE consents to the test. The father either consents or is assumed to be the father! Any DNA test done without consent under these circumstances and under present law would be deemed an assault.
  13. It's less than a third, around 700,000 claiming benefits. The UK has around 2 million single parents in total.
  14. The father is entitled to get a court order to ensure the mother takes the DNA test.
  15. So just over a quarter then, Seem a good place to start by making them pay their way.