Single Mode or Multi Mode

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by iljs, Sep 8, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I is going to lay some fiber, what would be best single mode or multimode.

Thanks in advance

2. How long are you laying the fibre? This will determine what fibre cable you are using.

OM1 (62.5/125)
    OM2 (50/125)
    OM3 (50/125)
    OS1 (9/125)

3. From work to the block is about 400M. I am trying to move my DII terminal back to the block in the eveings so I can get on the internet.

4. Grafter.

5. meridian

meridian LE Good Egg (charities)

can't you just use some don10

6. Genius. When you've finished licking your windows clean, you might wanna read those SyOps you signed when you got your account.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Just buy an internet dongle you muppet.

Or see if there is a BTFON hotspot or similar knocking around.

8. OS1 is no more were on OS2 & OM3+ even OM4, Singlemode is Telecoms multimode is Datacoms hth

Can do you a cracking deal on 9/125 twin core Seismic (Mil Spec) Polyurethane cable.

9. Surely it would depend on what is in the store... and if the store holds fibre termination kit. I wouldn't really recommend buying such kit for 4 heads.

10. And I got in the POO for the person in the job before me using CAT 5 from one room to another because there was not a TAP in his office, You will be in a real world of hurt if that one got out.

11. What colour is the sky on your planet, sunshine?

12. Shut it will you, I'm hoping to flog him 2km of 144way 5j cable here, I'm already booking my hols to Disneyland in Florida!

13. My bad.

iljs, that's a steal that is.

llech send my cut to the usual location

14. D wing Wormwood Scrubs.